Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Flacco’s agent says he should be league’s highest paid QB

Featured Replies

As a Bengals fan that would be my fear, that Smith is as good, he is much cheaper, and they keep all the weapons at Baltimore.

 

Put Flacco in New York, Miami, Buffalo , Cleveland, Oakland or Tampa Bay and his career fades into oblivion!

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put Flacco in New York, Miami, Buffalo , Cleveland, Oakland or Tampa Bay and his career fades into oblivion!

 

In all fairness to Flacco wouldn't almost anyone's career fade away in those places?

Let Flacco walk and plug in Alex Smith. I don't think you miss that much. A good QB with a chip on his shoulder, with all those weapons in tact! Flacco is not Brady, Manning or Rodgers. He is a competent QB with superb weapons, OLine and defense. Alex Smith is at least as good and much cheaper!

As a Bengals fan, I wouldn't mind the Bengals grabbing Alex Smith. Couldn't be worse than Dalton's play.

Striking while the iron is hot. I hope Baltimore overpays him while they are on cloud nine. An aging defense plus overpaying their QB could be a positive thing for the Bengals.

I like the guy. He doesn't throw up the numbers that Brees and Brady throw up, simply because Baltimore runs the ball a little and doesn't try to go warp speed (like the Pats have started doing).

 

Flaaco & Eli. Pay the guys. They may not be flashy, but they win...just like the others. Why not?

 

However, does he deserve to be the most paid? Ehh...no. But somewhere in the mix with all of those others? No doubt.

 

All I know is that he went through this entire post season and didn't throw an INT. That alone tells me something right there.

I hope Flacco stays there forever. As a fan of a divisional rival, he doesn't strike fear in me as a QB for the team I most want to beat. I'd far prefer Ed Reed retire.

 

Second. Third. And Fourth.

Let Flacco walk and plug in Alex Smith. I don't think you miss that much. A good QB with a chip on his shoulder, with all those weapons in tact! Flacco is not Brady, Manning or Rodgers. He is a competent QB with superb weapons, OLine and defense. Alex Smith is at least as good and much cheaper!

 

I agree with you in that Flacco v. Smith is a wash. I don't like tossing that "good QB" term around in the same sentence with those guys, though.

As a Bengals fan, I wouldn't mind the Bengals grabbing Alex Smith. Couldn't be worse than Dalton's play.

 

I am kind of surprised you wouldn't mind having him, we seen how long it took Alex Smith to ever get his career going. It took until he had a great coach in Jim Harbaugh, and as you have mentioned you don't think to high of the Bengals coaches, so it doesn't look to be a good fit. Dalton probably has a stronger arm than Smith, and we all know how much Dalton's arm has already been talked about haha.

 

In all honesty though I wouldn't mind if the Bengals got him. I do believe we need to get a QB that could put real competition on Dalton, and make him have to step up his play or else have a realistic option to replace him besides Bruce Gradkowski.

I think Smith is garbage. As awful as that sounds.

I am kind of surprised you wouldn't mind having him, we seen how long it took Alex Smith to ever get his career going. It took until he had a great coach in Jim Harbaugh, and as you have mentioned you don't think to high of the Bengals coaches, so it doesn't look to be a good fit. Dalton probably has a stronger arm than Smith, and we all know how much Dalton's arm has already been talked about haha.

 

In all honesty though I wouldn't mind if the Bengals got him. I do believe we need to get a QB that could put real competition on Dalton, and make him have to step up his play or else have a realistic option to replace him besides Bruce Gradkowski.

I never questioned how strong Dalton's arm strength was...what I always talked about was his lack of accuracy downfield. There is a huge difference.

You could have a guy that can throw the ball 100 yards in the air ala Greg Cook, but couldn't hit the side of a barn ala Andy Dalton.

 

Arm Strength has nothing to do with my problems with Dalton.

Joe showed up at the right time, now it's cha ching.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.