February 6, 201313 yr Aaron Rodgers can can't he? Every year he has started he made the playoffs and won a Super Bowl right? Not true Aaron Rodgers in his first year took a team who lost in the NFC Championship the year before with Brett Favre and ended up not having a good year and not making the playoffs. Rodgers when he has made the playoffs has lost their very first game twice, this year he only won the one game, the only year they had true success in the playoffs under Rodgers is the year they won the Super Bowl. I believe Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL, however it just goes to show that you need a lot of things to go right to make a run in the playoffs. Sometimes you have to have some luck too, like the Ravens this year when they beat Denver when a Safety decided to be an idiot and let a ball go over his head with 30 seconds left. Flacco won many playoff games his first 3 years and he played terrible in basically every game, just shows QB's get to much credit when they win, and to much blame when they lose.
February 6, 201313 yr This says all you need to know about the perplexing case of Joe Flacco. He was the #25 rated QB according to ESPN's QBR stat just behind Jake Locker and just ahead of Michael Vick. Yet in the post-season he turns in to Joe Montana.
February 6, 201313 yr I read where they turned down a $16m per year offer before the season. That's a lot of confidence.
February 6, 201313 yr This says all you need to know about the perplexing case of Joe Flacco. He was the #25 rated QB according to ESPN's QBR stat just behind Jake Locker and just ahead of Michael Vick. Yet in the post-season he turns in to Joe Montana. Joe Flacco was down right horrible his first three years in the playoffs even though they won games despite of him. However I give him credit he really has stepped up his level of play in the playoffs the last two years, and should have been in the super bowl two straight years.
February 6, 201313 yr Joe Flacco will get his money and should get his money because that is just the state of professional sports these days. At least he did what others who were at one time the highest paid athletes in the NFL didn't have to do and that is actually play in games and accomplish something. That is why I'm so glad they put an end to paying draft picks more than proven players make. Remember it was only a couple years ago Sam Bradford was the highest paid player in the NFL before he even took a snap. Chris Long the next year was the same thing. Pay Joe, he put in his time and the league is making hands over fists in money. At least he played his contract and now it's time to get paid even more.
February 6, 201313 yr This says all you need to know about the perplexing case of Joe Flacco. He was the #25 rated QB according to ESPN's QBR stat just behind Jake Locker and just ahead of Michael Vick. Yet in the post-season he turns in to Joe Montana. Isn't that the story of Eli Manning also? A very overrated QB in my book then come the playoffs last year and he had a great month and all of a sudden a very avg QB through his career is said to be one of the best. It's a joke if you ask me.
February 6, 201313 yr Author I am not so sure that Joe Flacco being the highest paid quarterback in the league is not warranted. He is exactly what the doctor ordered for Baltimore’s style of play. I am not sure what you mean as a Bengals fan, “Guru”? If I were the Bengals, I would not want to face a Baltimore team led by Joe Flacco twice each season. I already heard a report if they give Joe this kind of money either Jacoby Jones or Anquan Boldin will probably have to go. Plus I read something about T-Sizzle causing a cap problem for the Ravens. My point is, Flacco is okay but like Doc said he doesn't strike fear in me so I would rather the Ravens pay him big and have to get rid of some other stars thus making the Ravens easier to beat.
February 6, 201313 yr Isn't that the story of Eli Manning also? A very overrated QB in my book then come the playoffs last year and he had a great month and all of a sudden a very avg QB through his career is said to be one of the best. It's a joke if you ask me. You better hope halfback20 does not see this post. I would say Eli has looked a little more capable at times. He had a heck of a season their last SB victory. But I hear your point in that Eli could be hit or miss often times.
February 6, 201313 yr They've been to the playoffs every year that Flacco has been there. Surely he had something to do with that. Cleveland and Bengals in the division helps the playoff every year argument.
February 6, 201313 yr Cleveland and Bengals in the division helps the playoff every year argument. Flacco uses all the tools available to him - good running game, strong defense, geography!
February 6, 201313 yr I already heard a report if they give Joe this kind of money either Jacoby Jones or Anquan Boldin will probably have to go. Plus I read something about T-Sizzle causing a cap problem for the Ravens. My point is, Flacco is okay but like Doc said he doesn't strike fear in me so I would rather the Ravens pay him big and have to get rid of some other stars thus making the Ravens easier to beat. First, I think Baltimore is an outstanding organization. As good a front office as there is in the league. I do think that Baltimore will greatly miss the leadership of Ray Lewis. Not so much by his play on the field recently, but more for his locker room presences, the guy WILLED Baltimore to win football games. With him gone, I can't see the Ravens being as dominant in the future, with or without better personnel. Ray Lewis is a very unique individual.
February 6, 201313 yr Author First, I think Baltimore is an outstanding organization. As good a front office as there is in the league. I do think that Baltimore will greatly miss the leadership of Ray Lewis. Not so much by his play on the field recently, but more for his locker room presences, the guy WILLED Baltimore to win football games. With him gone, I can't see the Ravens being as dominant in the future, with or without better personnel. Ray Lewis is a very unique individual. I agree with everything you posted but that only runs tangent to my assertion. More money to Flacco means less weapons around him and in my opinion that will make the Ravens easier to beat.
February 6, 201313 yr I'd love for Baltimore to let him walk because it would be interesting to see how he would perform for another team if they were to choose to pay him the money he and his agent wants. Although I do expect the Ravens to retain his services.
February 6, 201313 yr Let Flacco walk and plug in Alex Smith. I don't think you miss that much. A good QB with a chip on his shoulder, with all those weapons in tact! Flacco is not Brady, Manning or Rodgers. He is a competent QB with superb weapons, OLine and defense. Alex Smith is at least as good and much cheaper!
February 6, 201313 yr Author Let Flacco walk and plug in Alex Smith. I don't think you miss that much. A good QB with a chip on his shoulder, with all those weapons in tact! Flacco is not Brady, Manning or Rodgers. He is a competent QB with superb weapons, OLine and defense. Alex Smith is at least as good and much cheaper! As a Bengals fan that would be my fear, that Smith is as good, he is much cheaper, and they keep all the weapons at Baltimore.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.