Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Noel VS Davis

Featured Replies

I know the media has said all year it's not fair to compare the two, which essentially means we're gonna compare the two all year, so with the recent performance against Ole Miss still fresh, who do you say is the better defender of the two. I say Noel, because of the steals. What say you?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on the defensive side of the ball, I like Noel every bit as much as Davis. As you mentioned, Noel gets it done with those steals. But by the same token, I think Davis guards better on the perimeter.

Noel protects the rim far better. Davis is lightyears ahead of him in every other category, IMO.

Noel protects the rim far better. Davis is lightyears ahead of him in every other category, IMO.

 

Agreed.

 

Noel is a threat to swat anything around the rim. Davis was a threat to block anything that crossed half court.

I love the energy Noel has but it's Davis for me. AD was raw but a much better offensive player, shot 70% from the stripe and also averaged close to 1.5 steals per game to boot. If Davis was on this team he'd be averaging close to 20 per game.

No comparison, Anthony Davis is the man.

Defensively, I lean towards Nerlens (by a smidge).

Noel is a better protector at the rim. Davis was crazy good on the perimeter and midrange. As of now I take AD but its really close

  • Author
I love the energy Noel has but it's Davis for me. AD was raw but a much better offensive player, shot 70% from the stripe and also averaged close to 1.5 steals per game to boot. If Davis was on this team he'd be averaging close to 20 per game.

 

No comparison, Anthony Davis is the man.

 

I think everybody agrees AD was better overall, but I'm talking just defensively.

It's AD, and I don't think it's that close...IMO. Noel still leaves his feet too much, although he is improving in that area, and he is basically our only real shot blocker on the team. That means his shot blocking numbers are more than if he had Terrance Jones playing beside him. AD was a game changer....now, I do believe Noel is headed in that direction.

AD is my vote, but Nerlens is right there defensively. They play a bit differently on the defensive side of the ball, but in the end Davis is was the better overall player. Remember how you could throw anything to the rim and Davis would throw it down? Nerlens doesn't have the ooping instinct or the offensive game AD had. And like someone mentioned, AD much better at the charity stripe. Could you imagine if AD came back, having both of them protecting the same rim. :scared:

I agree with the Twin Towers ,you want to talk about scary if they would have been able to play together !!!

Davis and it isn't all that close at this point in Noel's development. You could just do so much more with Davis out on the floor in pick and roll situations that is the primary offensive look in college basketball today...

I love watching NN play because of his energy but AD is the better defender by a slight margin.............

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.