Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Noel VS Davis

Featured Replies

Davis and it isn't all that close at this point in Noel's development. You could just do so much more with Davis out on the floor in pick and roll situations that is the primary offensive look in college basketball today...

 

That is kind of where I am. At the rim, ok you can have Noel. But Davis could guard the entire court. He blocked a stupid amount of three point attempts en route to his record breaking season. I also have to take defensive rebounding in to consideration. While the numbers are comparable, Noel doesn't have near the hands of Davis in securing boards. Now Noel does get in to better position because of his physicality, which is a plus. But Davis was crafty and could still get boards. In fairness to Noel also, he doesn't have the same type of supporting cast.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis and it isn't all that close at this point in Noel's development. You could just do so much more with Davis out on the floor in pick and roll situations that is the primary offensive look in college basketball today...

 

Wasn't the fact that Davis did more defensively out on the floor a result of having much better defenders around him?

 

It looks like this year Cal tries to funnel everything to Noel in the paint, is this a result of Noels rim protector ability, or a result of having fewer guys who can guard on the perimeter and knowing you can leave Noel back there to protect them?

 

Goodwin is getting better, but UK IMO has no other good defender other than Noel. Last year, all of them could guard for the most part.

Davis and it isn't all that close at this point in Noel's development. You could just do so much more with Davis out on the floor in pick and roll situations that is the primary offensive look in college basketball today...

 

You're absolutely right when you're talking about overall ability; however, the question asked which of the two was the better defender.

 

Noel was more active defensively. I don't recall Davis getting nearly as many deflections or steals. For that reason, I'd lean towards Noel (when the comparison is limited to defensive ability only). AD is (and was) LIGHT YEARS ahead of Noel in virtually every other category.

 

You're absolutely right when you're talking about overall ability; however, the question asked which of the two was the better defender.

 

Noel was more active defensively. I don't recall Davis getting nearly as many deflections or steals. For that reason, I'd lean towards Noel (when the comparison is limited to defensive ability only). AD is (and was) LIGHT YEARS ahead of Noel in virtually every other category.

I was only talking about the defensive end. Davis was excellent defending the pick and roll and at times was even switched on the the guard and didn't miss a beat. Noel is a better rim protector, but as an overall defender I'll take Davis all day...

 

Wasn't the fact that Davis did more defensively out on the floor a result of having much better defenders around him?

 

It looks like this year Cal tries to funnel everything to Noel in the paint, is this a result of Noels rim protector ability, or a result of having fewer guys who can guard on the perimeter and knowing you can leave Noel back there to protect them?

 

Goodwin is getting better, but UK IMO has no other good defender other than Noel. Last year, all of them could guard for the most part.

 

It was more because Davis could defend 3 positions at a high level and could hold his own in spots against PG and SG when asked. Love Noel but he isn't at the level yet where he can defend outside of the C and PF spots. The versatility of Davis raised the level of defense across the board last year because very few situations created a mismatch at the 5...

Noel is the most offensively challenged #1 I can ever recall. Frankly, I was shocked how poor offensively he turned out to be. Randy Parker has better post moves.

Wasn't the fact that Davis did more defensively out on the floor a result of having much better defenders around him?

 

It looks like this year Cal tries to funnel everything to Noel in the paint, is this a result of Noels rim protector ability, or a result of having fewer guys who can guard on the perimeter and knowing you can leave Noel back there to protect them?

 

Goodwin is getting better, but UK IMO has no other good defender other than Noel. Last year, all of them could guard for the most part.

 

I am not sure that Cal has them funnelling everything to him, i just think our perimeter defense sucks! Nerlens has a ton more chances to block shots because we constantly get beat off the dribble. Davis is better all around and defensively as well.

  • Author
Davis and it isn't all that close at this point in Noel's development. You could just do so much more with Davis out on the floor in pick and roll situations that is the primary offensive look in college basketball today...

 

Nevermind, I missed an earlier post. I was asking defensively, but you already answered.

 

I'm talking strictly defense, who do you think is better Davis or Noel at this point?

 

I was only talking defense...

Randy Parker has better post moves.

 

At 5'8" I can really do some damage in the paint.

At 5'8" I can really do some damage in the paint.

 

Don't be modest. You know you're equally adept over both shoulders. You can face up, drop step. Total package.

 

At 5'8" I can really do some damage in the paint.

 

Huffing paint is bad for you kid... :D

  • Author

Alright then, who has the better fashion statement, the unibrow or the flattop with the the shaved in UK logo?

The Flattop is the bigger fashion statement, but I personally prefer the Brow.

  • Author
The Flattop is the bigger fashion statement, but I personally prefer the Brow.

 

I couldn't agree more. Seems like the Brow struck more fear into opponents, whereas the opposing team simply admires and is in awe of the flattop.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.