Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams that may not make it the Region?

Featured Replies

If Pendlton and Harrison draw each other again in the 38th. In the 37th one of Brossart, Scott, and Campbell Co. will be staying home, although it looks as if BB and Scott have separated themselves from CC.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 39th is not a power district, but it does a blind draw. If Augusta & Mason County draw each other...

 

Be interested to see the brackets. When is their draw?

Usually the 14th district has a school that's pretty good but fails to make it to region. This year Warren East and Warren Central have the best records in the district, both overall and within the district (each are 5-1), but Bowling Green arguably has just as much, if not more talent than both of those teams. One of those three will be left at home come region.

 

Not a doubt in my mind that Warren East won't make region. WC and BG will play two more times.

It's likely that Christian Academy and Eastern could meet in the semifinals of the 28th District. Wouldn't be surprised to see Eastern lose such a game and miss out on the regional. It's not that Eastern's been great this year, but it's amazing to think that there could be a Seventh region tournament they didn't make.

I can go off of reputation or I can look at their results. Results tell me they're not a strong team. I have no clue how good or bad their district is but they haven't played well this year.

 

I have watched them with my own eyes 5 times this season (all 5 with Hall) and I think they'll be very fortunate to escape the 57th District.

I have watched them with my own eyes 5 times this season (all 5 with Hall) and I think they'll be very fortunate to escape the 57th District.

I agree Lawrence could upset them. I've seen JC 3 times this year, twice with Hall, once without. He was only moderately healthy in the one game against Portsmouth, who is very very athletic. He went out after tearing his finger on a dunk, they aren't anywhere near the team with him healthy. I don't think Sheldon Clark or Magoffin have a chance, nor Paintsville.

This is why it is so important to get the #1 seed and essentially get a "bye" with playing Beechwood in the first round.

 

There have been many years where Holy Cross had a top 5 team in the region and didn't make it due to Covcath or Holmes being one of the top 2 or 3 teams and meeting them in the first round of districts.

 

Don't say anything bad about Beechwood, remember what I told you last night!

 

I might be "busy" when the Breds & Beechwood play next week. :sssh:

Edited by Lawnboy13

Don't say anything bad about Beechwood, remember what I told you last night!

 

Walter she'll be looking for you!

Walter she'll be looking for you!

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Don't say anything bad about Beechwood, remember what I told you last night!

 

I might have to be "occupied" when the Breds & Beechwood play next week. :sssh:

 

Walter she'll be looking for you!

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Guess I better be on the look out.

I agree Lawrence could upset them. I've seen JC 3 times this year, twice with Hall, once without. He was only moderately healthy in the one game against Portsmouth, who is very very athletic. He went out after tearing his finger on a dunk, they aren't anywhere near the team with him healthy. I don't think Sheldon Clark or Magoffin have a chance, nor Paintsville.

 

Lawrence Co is a dangerous team and young enough to not even think about the importance of the game. Sheldon Clark is also a dangerous team and currently the one seed. Paintsville has Tiller and BMR who is the best coach in the district. Then there's Magoffin Co which is the host school. It'll be interesting to see which two survive.

This is why it is so important to get the #1 seed and essentially get a "bye" with playing Beechwood in the first round.

 

There have been many years where Holy Cross had a top 5 team in the region and didn't make it due to Covcath or Holmes being one of the top 2 or 3 teams and meeting them in the first round of districts.

 

That would have to eat at Campbell and some others on that HC team. Really good players that aren't making the regional tournament (if in fact they were to lose). Same thing happened last year....

The 39th is not a power district, but it does a blind draw. If Augusta & Mason County draw each other...

 

And there we go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.