All A tournament

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all yesterday's news! I'm on to causing trouble elsewhere! And for me, I hope folks know none of this is personal. I do like to go against the grain sometimes and I also like to tell it like it is...even if it's not the politically correct thing to do. But let's talk about it! Not avoid it!

You did not tell anyone how it is...you told us how you THINK it is. Big difference.

RCC9 & TripleSevens, if you two are trying to catch Clyde in the number of post per day, your doing a good job. :jump:

His are much more informative! Ours are just ramblings...well at least mine anyway! Can we count words/characters instead of number of posts? I bet I win!

Anyone that thinks this tournament should not happen Like RCC needs to watch this clip of the game winning shot at the buzzer to put BBHS in the final four that is on youtube (see below). Right before this video started Frankfort hit a 25 foot 3 pointer to take the lead by 1 with 11 seconds. BBHS has no time outs when they are scrambling to get the ball in bounds. Watch and learn why this tournament is special.

Bishop Brossart Lady Stangs Buzzer Beater

Anyone that thinks this tournament should not happen Like RCC needs to watch this clip of the game winning shot at the buzzer to put BBHS in the final four that is on youtube (see below). Right before this video started Frankfort hit a 25 foot 3 pointer to take the lead by 1 with 11 seconds. BBHS has no time outs when they are scrambling to get the ball in bounds. Watch and learn why this tournament is special.

We all rest our case! Beautiful clip.

Watching this happen live was a treat!!! :ylsuper:

Walton just won their region, I think the last two years. I think Brossart has had just as good of a chance as anyone in their region over the last couple years and many feel NCC is top 4 in their region this year. You can ask when the last time they won the region, but you can also ask that of several of the larger schools. There is only one region winner every year. When was the last time ND, HHS, NCC, Ryle, Conner, Dixie, Beechwood, Holmes, Holy Cross won the region? Maybe they have, but I'm just making a point that all schools are in the same boat.

So if it's fair to segment them out, shouldn't it be fair for the larger schools to NOT have to play some of those smaller schools in the regular season, in districts and regions? In the districts that seed, you are forced to play some of those small schools. Take a look at some of those scores. Brossart beat Silver Grove by 60, but is forced to play them. Shouldn't Brossart and Camp Co be able to put a better quality opponent on their schedule to make them better, rather than playing SG twice a year or whatever they play. All the regions have similar scenarios.

Now take the 36th district. They don't seed. Now you you have 3 small schools voting on the fate of 5. Newport, Dayton, Bellevue, NCC and HHS. If you take a vote on whether to seed the district or not, how do you think that vote is going to come out? Don't seed...like it's been for over 35 years. So now you have a chance that one of the best teams in the region (NCC or HHS) could be knocked out of the region by a team that will probably lose their first game by a running clock. Where's their opportunity.

I'm just saying that the argument that the All A provides an opportunity for the small schools doesn't really apply because the ones that should be getting the opportunity are still getting beat up by the ones that do have fair opportunities!

Walton won the all A and their region!

Walton did NOT win the ALL A Region this year.. Gallatin Co did. The Class A is a great tournament. If othes want a tournament for other size schools then have at it and stop whinning about the Class A. More opportunity is better in my opinion.