All A tournament

All someone has to do is step up and organize a tournament for that class. Then they will have the opportunity to play on the "big stage".
Right on Madman. The All A Classic has nothing to do with the KHSAA so there is no reason there couldn't be a All AA (etc) Classic. I just takes less complaining and more action.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on Madman. The All A Classic has nothing to do with the KHSAA so there is no reason there couldn't be a All AA (etc) Classic. I just takes less complaining and more action.

I was being sarcastic. I wouldn't want a special tournament for my daughter. I wouldn't want to hand her a trophy. I want her to learn to work hard and even sometimes when you work hard, it just doesn't work out. You guys are missing the point. I would love for her to experience everything possible, but if she falls short, that doesn't mean she's a failure and she won't be a success. You forget, she plays in a district that doesn't seed. If luck doesn't go her way and they draw NCC in the first district game every year and can't beat them, then no regional tournament. And if that happens, oh well. I wouldn't go create a invitational tournament and only invite teams her team can compete with or beat, just to get her on the "big stage". If you want to be on the big stage and get exposure, play aau and make you and your team better.

And HHS is by no means a Big school.

still cheaper!

Maybe not when you factor in all the clothes that I don't have to buy. Uniforms are a blessing!!! (Especially if you have girls!) Sports fees are probably cheaper at NCC too. I sent one to HHS as a tuition student and it really wasn't much of a difference considering all factors.

OK Mr 4A. some stats for you. .

Of the teams you mentioned Both Calvary and Newport have made it down state. Dayton and Bellevue were in the original event before it went state wide.

Calvary 0 girls 1 boys

Newport 1 girls and 1 boys

also NKY teams that have benefited.

Holy cross

Gallatin

NCC

St Henry

Walton

Bishop Brossart

Williamstown

not sure how many on this list have ever made it to the KHSAA state tourney? NCC and Brossart for sure.

Not being mean, but I'm not sure what all that means. Not following you on your point.

I was being sarcastic. I wouldn't want a special tournament for my daughter. I wouldn't want to hand her a trophy. I want her to learn to work hard and even sometimes when you work hard, it just doesn't work out. You guys are missing the point. I would love for her to experience everything possible, but if she falls short, that doesn't mean she's a failure and she won't be a success. You forget, she plays in a district that doesn't seed. If luck doesn't go her way and they draw NCC in the first district game every year and can't beat them, then no regional tournament. And if that happens, oh well. I wouldn't go create a invitational tournament and only invite teams her team and compete with or beat, just to get her on the "big stage". If you want to be on the big stage and get exposure, play aau and make you and your team better.

I understand what your saying and agree that by no means if your daughter and her team fail to make it to state they are a failure. That being said don't try to discount what some of these teams have accomplished by getting to and some of them Winning the All A Championship. NO ONE handed them a trophy they worked for it. As far as playing AAU and getting better that's exactly what NCC players do and that's why they will compete for not only the All A Championship but will be a factor in their region as well. 5 of the NCC players play for the same AAU club and play all summer. They earn what they get.

Maybe not when you factor in all the clothes that I don't have to buy. Uniforms are a blessing!!! (Especially if you have girls!) Sports fees are probably cheaper at NCC too. I sent one to HHS as a tuition student and it really wasn't much of a difference considering all factors.

But we send them from a district that gives up the funds and it transfers with the students. We don't send them from Cold Spring where you pay full tuition.

And if you live in Ft. Thomas aren't your taxes like way higher than everyone elses? Thats what I have heard anyway. Does Highlands charge a sports fee to play?

I was being sarcastic. I wouldn't want a special tournament for my daughter. I wouldn't want to hand her a trophy. I want her to learn to work hard and even sometimes when you work hard, it just doesn't work out. You guys are missing the point. I would love for her to experience everything possible, but if she falls short, that doesn't mean she's a failure and she won't be a success. You forget, she plays in a district that doesn't seed. If luck doesn't go her way and they draw NCC in the first district game every year and can't beat them, then no regional tournament. And if that happens, oh well. I wouldn't go create a invitational tournament and only invite teams her team and compete with or beat, just to get her on the "big stage". If you want to be on the big stage and get exposure, play aau and make you and your team better.

I understand what your saying and agree that by no means if your daughter and her team fail to make it to state they are a failure. That being said don't try to discount what some of these teams have accomplished by getting to and some of them Winning the All A Championship. NO ONE handed them a trophy they worked for it. As far as playing AAU and getting better that's exactly what NCC players do and that's why they will compete for not only the All A Championship but will be a factor in their region as well. 5 of the NCC players play for the same AAU club and play all summer. They earn what they get.

You still have to buy them clothes to wear outside of school. You have a beatiful daughter and I don't think I've ever seen her in her uniform! Us public folk wear the same clothes to school and outside of school. I agree, the sports fees are tough! Up to $90 per sport now.