All A tournament

And if you live in Ft. Thomas aren't your taxes like way higher than everyone elses? Thats what I have heard anyway. Does Highlands charge a sports fee to play?

Taxes are probably a little higher, but not the highest. Heck, I think newport taxes are even higher. I may be wrong there, but have been told that. Now the cost of the houses are inflated. You definitely can get more for your money outside of Ft. Thomas. But I don't live in Ft Thomas.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxes are probably a little higher, but not the highest. Heck, I think newport taxes are even higher. I may be wrong there, but have been told that. Now the cost of the houses are inflated. You definitely can get more for your money outside of Ft. Thomas. But I don't live in Ft Thomas.

I was kidding on the Alumni rate too.

I had heard that Ft. Thomas taxes are one of the highest in the state. Maybe Newports is too then, but I am not sure about either. Just what I heard. Property is definitely inflated though in FT.

I understand what your saying and agree that by no means if you daughter and her team fail to make it to state they are a failure. That being said don't try to discount what some of these teams have accomplished by getting to and some of them Winning the All A Championship. NO ONE handed them a trophy they worked for it. As far as playing AAU and getting better that's exactly what NCC players do and that's why they will compete for not only the All A Championship but will be a factor in their region as well. 5 of the NCC players play for the same AAU club and play all summer. They earn what they get.

I know they do play aau. I know they work for it and that's why they are and continue to be successful. My point is, you can "get on stage" in AAU. And I'm not really talking about the NCC's and Brossarts and Waltons and the majority of the teams that make the 16 teams down state in the A. I'm saying that if you use the reason that the A creates opportunities for the teams that don't have any chance to get other exposure, I CALL BS. Look at the teams in the 16 and tell me they don't have just as good or better of a chance to win their region and get to the state as just about anyone else in their region. The ones that won their A regions can compete just as well as any of the other teams in their regular regions. It's not about giving opportunities to the small schools because the ones that need it don't get the opportunities anyway.

I was kidding on the Alumni rate too.

I had heard that Ft. Thomas taxes are one of the highest in the state. Maybe Newports is too then, but I am not sure about either. Just what I heard. Property is definitely inflated though in FT.

Does Highlands charge a fee to play sports?

yes $90 per sport.

Boys & Girls Teams in All A enrollment, in order of Region.

Carlisle Co. 241...............Murray 429

University Heights 141......Webster Co. 629

Butler Co. 574.................Owensboro Catholic 457

Clinton Co. 471................Monroe Co. 586

Bardstown 650.................Green Co. 540

Lou. Holy Cross 247..........Lou. Holy Cross 247

Lou. Collegiate 238...........Lou. Collegiate 238

Owen Co. 521..................Gallatin Co. 465

Newport Catholic 393........Newport Catholic 393

Bishop Brossart 362..........Bishop Brossart 362

Richmond Model 215.........Frankfort 224

Somerset 472..................Danville 550

Middlesboro 445...............Pineville 176

Knott Co. Central 622........Leslie Co. 501

Pikeville 340....................Magoffin Co. 606

Russell 646......................West Carter 587

Breds girls takeout biggest and smallest so far.

BTW, this SUCKS doing this on a Kindle in a McDonalds.

Yea, just like all the other girls that have transferred in the last 10 years. See Sydney Moss!!! I'm sure your AD could get her eligible! Her numbers would go up too in bball and softball! This isn't sounding like a bad idea!

Sorry, had to go they lawildcat!

Where the heck is Lawnboy?? I thought I'd get a "like" out of him for this one!

Ive got to experience the All A over the years and its been great BUT.... Im sorry RCC9 how can you say a special tourny or you want your daughter to work hard and sometimes it doesnt work out???? My daughter goes to a private school and she busts her backside off In school and in athlectics and cause she goes to a ALL A school she cant work hard or be successful???? It really seems you have a hard time with this so if you do maybe each class group in KY needs to form there own tourny so no one is feeling left out or its a oppurtunity for small schools, which I dont get that one. If HHS saying went to play in a tournament somewhere and the tourny is loaded with teams is that a oppurtunity for them???? The ALL A is a tournament just like a tournament any other team would play in but bigger but it doesnt mean the talent is better cause like I said you probably wont see a team you play in the ALL A again after the tournament. I respect your comments RCC9 but unless youve been apart of the ALL A you just wouldnt understand.

Boys & Girls Teams in All A enrollment, in order of Region.

Carlisle Co. 241...............Murray 429

University Heights 141......Webster Co. 629

Butler Co. 574.................Owensboro Catholic 457

Clinton Co. 471................Monroe Co. 586

Bardstown 650.................Green Co. 540

Lou. Holy Cross 247..........Lou. Holy Cross 247

Lou. Collegiate 238...........Lou. Collegiate 238

Owen Co. 521..................Gallatin Co. 465

Newport Catholic 393........Newport Catholic 393

Bishop Brossart 362..........Bishop Brossart 362

Richmond Model 215.........Frankfort 224

Somerset 472..................Danville 550

Middlesboro 445...............Pineville 176

Knott Co. Central 622........Leslie Co. 501

Pikeville 340....................Magoffin Co. 606

Russell 646......................West Carter 587

Breds girls takeout biggest and smallest so far.

BTW, this SUCKS doing this on a Kindle in a McDonalds.

What's this telling me? Sorry, I'm having trouble with numbers today I guess. Also, is that 9-12?

Ive got to experience the All A over the years and its been great BUT.... Im sorry RCC9 how can you say a special tourny or you want your daughter to work hard and sometimes it doesnt work out???? My daughter goes to a private school and she busts her backside off In school and in athlectics and cause she goes to a ALL A school she cant work hard or be successful???? It really seems you have a hard time with this so if you do maybe each class group in KY needs to form there own tourny so no one is feeling left out or its a oppurtunity for small schools, which I dont get that one. If HHS saying went to play in a tournament somewhere and the tourny is loaded with teams is that a oppurtunity for them???? The ALL A is a tournament just like a tournament any other team would play in but bigger but it doesnt mean the talent is better cause like I said you probably wont see a team you play in the ALL A again after the tournament. I respect your comments RCC9 but unless youve been apart of the ALL A you just wouldnt understand.

Not sure where I said that. If you took it that way, it wasn't intended that way. I didn't say that anyone doesn't work hard. I'm saying that if my daughter didn't make the region, the sobeit. Others are saying that this is a great opportunity for them to play on the big stage and experience a journey through the region and state. I'm saying, the teams that made it through the region and are playing in the state are the same teams my daughter's team competes with and will compete for a regional title for. So why does there have to be another region for the A teams if it's the same teams that we'll all compete with in the regular regionals. It's not about getting those teams exposure the on the big stage, they DO work hard and create their own opportunities in the regular regional.

The bold about sums it up. It is why some folks just don't understand and have trouble with it. It really is no big deal.

I'm sure the All A (which I think we're finding out is not just A teams) is a great experience for the top teams. I'm sure it's fun if you walk into the tournament as a loaded small school with a great program. But those are the minority. How many of those small schools bail out in the first round of their region every year with big losses to the Waltons, Brossarts and NCC's? Is it a great experience for them?

I think you're making way too much out of this. It's just a tournament - nothing more; nothing less. When your daughters transfer to Brossart next year, they can be a part of it too! :dancingpa

It made the day go faster!!!

You are correct TripleSevens. But I see your point RCC9 and respect your thoughts and I think this subject just got really blown out of what it really is. In the GIRLS eyes IMO is a big stage for them. For high school boys and girls to get to play in a arena like that (or EKU in the past) is exciting for them. But always remember....... Your never guaranteed to go everyyear, just like in other game or tourny, you have to win to move on.