Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All A tournament

Featured Replies

So if Football had one class, how many Schools up here in NK would have won State.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Congrats to NCC. They won. Now they will face Brossart tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken, NCC is in the top 4 of a very balanced 9th region and Brossart is probably top 2 in the 10th. Opportunities! For who? Where is Dayton, Bellevue, Silver Grove, Villa, Calvary, Lloyd, Newport? Everyone saying it's a great opportunity are from the 1A schools that can compete anyway, but may have to compete with schools of the same ability.

Perhaps tomorrow is an opportunity for Brossart to avenge their loss to NCC earlier this season? :idunno:

  • Author
So if Football had one class, how many Schools up here in NK would have won State.

 

Have no idea, but it shouldn't be graded by that. It's shouldn't be easy to win a state championships. I think we've lost track of what it should really take to win a state championship. They shouldn't be handed out like candy. They should be earned and then you are respected. If you are a state champion, then you are the best! IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there shouldn't be classes. I'm just saying one or the other in bball.

 

I can tell you this, I am a HHS fan. Winning football state championships are fun, but honestly not that challenging for HHS anymore (not trying to be the arrogant bluebird). It is what it is. As I'm sure it's fun for the kids to say they won a state championship, there is always the question if they were the best in the state. For me, it would be rewarding to know where I truely stood. Play the best and let the cards fall where they may. If I never get to call myself a state champion, I at least get the satisfaction of knowing that I competed against the best for my entire career. I didn't avoid anyone. I was tested and challenge everyday. If I walked through a state championship, I might be happy, but was I challenged or did I have to deal with any frustration or disappointment. What life lesson does that teach? When I coach, I try to go to the most challenging events and play the most challenging schedule possible. That's what sports are about. Not fluffing your record or trophy hunting. If my kids are challenged, get better and learn life lessons along the way, then I did my job. I could care less what I win or lose. I will push the kids as hard as possible and if wins come along with that, then sobeit. And they usually do. But if they don't, I still know my kids are prepared for life because they faced it everyday in practice and in games. All aspects, not just easy success.

Have no idea, but it shouldn't be graded by that. It's shouldn't be easy to win a state championships. I think we've lost track of what it should really take to win a state championship. They shouldn't be handed out like candy. They should be earned and then you are respected. If you are a state champion, then you are the best! IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there shouldn't be classes. I'm just saying one or the other in bball.

 

I can tell you this, I am a HHS fan. Winning football state championships are fun, but honestly not that challenging for HHS anymore (not trying to be the arrogant bluebird). It is what it is. As I'm sure it's fun for the kids to say they won a state championship, there is always the question if they were the best in the state. For me, it would be rewarding to know where I truely stood. Play the best and let the cards fall where they may. If I never get to call myself a state champion, I at least get the satisfaction of knowing that I competed against the best for my entire career. I didn't avoid anyone. I was tested and challenge everyday. If I walked through a state championship, I might be happy, but was I challenged or did I have to deal with any frustration or disappointment. What life lesson does that teach? When I coach, I try to go to the most challenging events and play the most challenging schedule possible. That's what sports are about. Not fluffing your record or trophy hunting. If my kids are challenged, get better and learn life lessons along the way, then I did my job. I could care less what I win or lose. I will push the kids as hard as possible and if wins come along with that, then sobeit. And they usually do. But if they don't, I still know my kids are prepared for life because they faced it everyday in practice and in games. All aspects, not just easy success.

Football should stay as it is or make changes to make the playing field even for all schools. that's all I will say on that subject except that if some think all schools are equal then they couldn't be more wrong.

RC you should go rent Hoosiers.

  • Author
RC you should go rent Hoosiers.

 

Isn't that the movie where the small school overcomes the odds?? I don't remember the scene where they segmented them out and said you can be the champion of the small schools because you don't have a fair opportunity otherwise.

Isn't that the movie where the small school overcomes the odds?? I don't remember the scene where they segmented them out and said you can be the champion of the small schools because you don't have a fair opportunity otherwise.

 

Last I checked this tournament wasn't for the State Championship. so why does it matter? Are you just upset because Highlands isn't included?

 

You can't have your cake and eat it too.....sorry I couldn't resist lol

That wasn't the all A the boys from Hickory were playing in. That's was the real state tourney. Not sure I'm getting your point on that. I think it was a good idea but has expanded into to many schools. Most of the time the private schools dominate anyway. It was made for schools that didnt have a chance to get to the state tourney. Almost every year 2-4 of these teams make the state tourney. I would say all these teams have a chance but 4 or 5 to win their regions this year. It's a cool tourney that now has a rich tradition but to hide behind the poor pitiful me I'm a small school and have no chance is crazy.

And probably with 4 teams that had no problem competing in their region. I'm not saying it's not fun for the kids and parents and that's what it's all about at the end of the day. I just don't see how it's any different than a loaded christmas tournament or any other tournament.

 

Pretty sure loaded Christmas tournaments aren't funneling scholarship dollars toward even the participating schools, let alone for the schools that compete on the All A region level. The All A Classic is a vehicle for getting scholarship money to every school that qualifies for All A competition, which is the bottom 125 or so schools in the state, in terms of enrollment.

I think RCC9 is venting because the small schools in the 36th hold NCC and Highlands to a draw format. So they get their "cake" and eat all A too.

  • Author
Last I checked this tournament wasn't for the State Championship. so why does it matter? Are you just upset because Highlands isn't included?

 

You can't have your cake and eat it too.....sorry I couldn't resist lol

 

Good one!! Not upset at all about hhs not getting invited. I stated that earlier. However, it does help me prove my point. Hhs has a pretty good team this year and is bigger than all the schools in the tournament and there's no way I would say they would win this tournament. One of the teams left already beat them! So how is it to give the small schools a chance?

  • Author
Pretty sure loaded Christmas tournaments aren't funneling scholarship dollars toward even the participating schools, let alone for the schools that compete on the All A region level. The All A Classic is a vehicle for getting scholarship money to every school that qualifies for All A competition, which is the bottom 125 or so schools in the state, in terms of enrollment.

 

So how do I get my kid scholarship money?

So how do I get my kid scholarship money?

 

Send them to Brossart or NCC????

I wish he would along with Schaeffer Daley, Quintin, and Blanton.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.