All A tournament

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct. Highlands basketball and all other sports are step-children to football.

What does HHS football have to do with girl's sports? And you are clue-less. HHS football has always been good and HHS boy's sports have always been competitive, until recently? It comes and goes, just like every other school. It's the time and effort put in and the development of the kids that want to play that sport. If I'm not mistaken, the boy's baseball team was just runner-up in the region and I think has a bright future. So they are turning it around. Yes, the bball team is having some low points. I don't have the answer for ya. But I do know that none of them play AAU anymore. I think that's a fact. If it's not, its not very many at all. At the other schools, how many are playing AAU on your basketball teams? It's not football, it's a culture change by the bball only kids. We have bball only kids at HHS, but If they aren't going to work at it, they aren't going to compete. Just my opinion and i'm sure it will make some of the HHS folks unhappy. But it's true. See, I don't only make non-bluebirds unhappy with honesty! But it's not a secret!

Ok RCC9 you make a good point, but how can a School of 850 not be able to put together a Freshman Basketball team, also if you take away the out of district girls that play for Highlands you would not have a JV team something is wrong. All Football.

As for this, again, explain to me how the football team has and ill effect on our girl's sports? All you outsiders think you know so much about HHS. And the funny thing is, you do. And we know very little about your schools because we could care less what your schools do internally. But you guys have alll the answers for HHS, huh? And before anyone goes there, I'm talking about the internals workings of indivdual programs, not events that can be looked up online for information!

Now to answer your question, why can't we field a team with more athletes. Maybe because not all kids at HHS go there for athletics. What all HHS haters don't understand is that the number of kids that go to HHS for academics is 4 times as many as for sports. Several kids that go to HHS could care less about sports. Yes, some do, but there are so many other opportunities for involvement that really only the true passionate athletes play and the others move on to other activities. That's why they don't have great numbers, but their teams can compete. The players they do have are good.

We also have trouble holding on to them because there is not a promise of success. We don't have any "feel good" invitationals we can go to that assist with our moral. Therefore, the kids don't get the opportunity to be successful like at other schools and they drop out of the program. It is what it is and we deal with it...but it's hard!

You are absolutely correct. Highlands basketball and all other sports are step-children to football.

you're right and you can't beat us! na na na na na na! C'mon. everything is caused by the football team. Yea right. I'm close the baseball coach and he thinks quite the opposite.

you're right and you can't beat us! na na na na na na! C'mon. everything is caused by the football team. Yea right. I'm close the baseball coach and he thinks quite the opposite.

:banana: I was looking for the little stick your tougue out guy, but this will work!

How many pages are we up to sevens???? I hate to disappoint, but I have some work to do. I'm am moving on now...and I mean it this time Porky, Panda, NKY fan and sevens. I'm not getting sucked back in...I hope.

I have been around Highlands all my life, and I have many FT friends, BUT Highlands Football people **** the other Schools off, not because they are good, yes they are very good, But Highlands acts like they home grow these kids not so. When they had great Basketball and baseball same thing out of district kids. What is going to happen if the School board does stop out of district kids.

How many pages are we up to sevens???? I hate to disappoint, but I have some work to do. I'm am moving on now...and I mean it this time Porky, Panda, NKY fan and sevens. I'm not getting sucked back in...I hope.

Your doin well my man, maybe its just halftime. Take a break, make some adjustments, gets some fluids, and come back strong.

I have been around Highlands all my life, and I have many FT friends, BUT Highlands Football people **** the other Schools off, not because they are good, yes they are very good, But Highlands acts like they home grow these kids not so. When they had great Basketball and baseball same thing out of district kids. What is going to happen if the School board does stop out of district kids.

I guess more people will be making that move to Ft. Thomas. Non-Highlands people act like it's some huge #; as if they won't have a football team anymore if out of district kids don't come. Child please!

:ohbrother: I'm not holding my breath.

See you in the Boys Basketball forum, "9th Region title or All A State Championship". Thought you would be there by now. :lol:

We've heard that before. :popcorn:

Your doin well my man, maybe its just halftime. Take a break, make some adjustments, gets some fluids, and come back strong.

definitely need fluids!!! Not sure if it's what you're talking about.!!!

:ohbrother: I'm not holding my breath.

See you in the Boys Basketball forum, "9th Region title or All A State Championship". Thought you would be there by now. :lol:

I don't like boys...okay let the jokes begin!!! Couple more years and you might catch me over there. Mine are too young! If they have a forum on the All A boy's Ipad championships, I'm in.