Covington Catholic 50 Newport Central Catholic 48

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few quick thoughts.

McDonald played hard and well. Showed a strong move back to his left tonight early 3rd qtr. It was really good. He's best away from the basket. Shoots FTs really well.

Ruthsatz probably played his worst game yet was big in the 4th qtr.

Both teams were dreadful offensively and that includes FTs. Dreadful.

Gy was hot and moist. Wall by me had condensation on it. Floor got slippery.

Strong officiating. I think they nailed every block/charge call correctly.

I hope NKYsports had the video machine working. I want to go back and watch and see if my memory is accurate.

Huge 3 by Mark Schult to give CCH lead for the first time late. I bet it's his first 3 ever. Played a strong physical game.

Both teams had a lot of active hands on D. Seemed like a ball was deflected at least once on every possession.

One more. In the Trinity thread I said that Pangallo's game is too good not to shoot more.

Unfortunately for CCH he shot more tonight. He probably had the most efficient offensive game on either team tonight. Kid is going to be hard to handle in 14 and 2015.

This was a tight one the whole way. Both teams shot poorly and there were quite a few turnovers, however, both teams played hard. McDonald and Pangallo very impressive tonight. Beuter didn't take many shots and was off when he did. He did a great job on Ruthsatz, though. Ruthsatz struggled until late. I've seen his last two games and he is not getting as many calls for his flopping or whateverit is he does. Guys are just standing flatfooted and he gets off balance and throws up some ugly ones. He will need to adjust. The bigs for CCH hung in there, although McDonald was a hand full. Siebert's injury (looked like an ankle) in the 2nd half hurt NCC some. Ncc"s depth was exposed some with him being out and Pangallo for cramps for a couple of minutes late. NCC had a chance to tie it in the end and threw it away. Good to see Clyde, LB13 and Baseball Nut. Good game to watch.

A few quick thoughts.

McDonald played hard and well. Showed a strong move back to his left tonight early 3rd qtr. It was really good. He's best away from the basket. Shoots FTs really well.

I hope NKYsports had the video machine working. I want to go back and watch and see if my memory is accurate.

Huge 3 by Mark Schult to give CCH lead for the first time late. I bet it's his first 3 ever. Played a strong physical game.

Both teams had a lot of active hands on D. Seemed like a ball was deflected at least once on every possession.

Assuming this was played on the hill?? Good win for CCH regardless!

A few quick thoughts.

IMG_1951.jpg

A huge 3 indeed! Came at the 2:04 mark.