Need to bring back thread how UofL would do vs Uk's schedule

dawgs83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it is not like it is only UK fans that do it. I get why people are annoyed by it (heck I am) but the conference as a whole as a lot of pride in being the best and UK happens to be in the conference so some fans cheer for it.

The deck is stacked against UK in the SEC. Switch UK and UL conferences and Louisville would likely have zero BCS appearances and UK could possibly have had one or two. Don't get me wrong, UL definitely has a superior program right now but if you are a UK fan arguing football, what else is there to go on?

That's irrelevant, and it doesn't make it any less silly. I cheer for a team, not a conference. How can you build up the proper animosity toward your conference rivals if you find yourself cheering for them the rest of the time when you're not playing them? It's just illogical, even when you consider the money aspects that Curtis goes into in the article I linked.

I think we would do ok

What position do you play? Seriously, UL looked really ready to go last night and for some reason a little overrated FL was not. Go figure. But quit gloating, it makes it moot. Just enjoy it.

Dare I say this, but it appears to me the SEC is over rated. Sure, Florida , Alabama, LSU and maybe South Carolina are tough every year. But UK, UT, Vandy, Miss, Auburn could wipe the bottom of a lot conferences.

One exception I'll take to that list: I'd put Vandy's squad this year in any other league in America and while I wouldn't favor them to win it, I'd like their chances to be competitive. Nice team this season. Only losses to to South Carolina, Florida and Georgia and on the road at Gator Bowl champion Northwestern.

But as you say, the remainder of those teams were profoundly bad this year.

That's irrelevant, and it doesn't make it any less silly. I cheer for a team, not a conference. How can you build up the proper animosity toward your conference rivals if you find yourself cheering for them the rest of the time when you're not playing them? It's just illogical, even when you consider the money aspects that Curtis goes into in the article I linked.

It is like the relationship you have with your brothers. Inside the family you fight tooth and nails but stick up for each other when someone outside the family butts in.

I remember it starting around the days of Ohio St/Michigan wanting a rematch in the title game and then Florida waxed Ohio St. I said myself I am annoyed by it, but to act like it is only UK fans is completely wrong.

It is like the relationship you have with your brothers. Inside the family you fight tooth and nails but stick up for each other when someone outside the family butts in.

If someone in my family is being an idiot I tell them that, even if it is someone from the outside saying so.

Louisville would be a joke year in and year out in the SEC......they just happen to catch a Fla. team with no reason to play last night and came up with a win....Louisville football better stay right where they are now so they can get some wins in the weakest conference in college football!!!!

Louisville would be a joke year in and year out in the SEC......they just happen to catch a Fla. team with no reason to play last night and came up with a win....Louisville football better stay right where they are now so they can get some wins in the weakest conference in college football!!!!

:cry:

I think UofL would play respectable in the SEC but I would not expect UofL to play as inspired as theg did last night on a weekly basis and I wouldn't expect SEC opponents to play them as uninspired as Florida did.

This

Game was comparable to Boise St / Oklahoma a few years ago...one team came in with a chip on their shoulder and the other came in...well kinda blah. Given 4 weeks to prepare I think CS did a great job, I do think doing this week in and week out would be a different thing.

If someone in my family is being an idiot I tell them that, even if it is someone from the outside saying so.

Not sure what a family member being an idiot has to do with it but my brother and I fought constantly between ourselves growing up but when the kids down the street started something with one of us, the other always had his back. Exactly the same how you can build up animosity as Jim mentions, towards a conference foe leading up to the game against that team but cheer for them in their bowl game. I don't see how this is any different in how I can want to beat St. X enthusiastically but when they play an out of state team, I will always be chearing for them. I don't see what is illogical about that?

Not sure what a family member being an idiot has to do with it but my brother and I fought constantly between ourselves growing up but when the kids down the street started something with one of us, the other always had his back. Exactly the same how you can build up animosity as Jim mentions, towards a conference foe leading up to the game against that team but cheer for them in their bowl game. I don't see how this is any different in how I can want to beat St. X enthusiastically but when they play an out of state team, I will always be chearing for them. I don't see what is illogical about that?

When it comes down to it with family, if you are an idiot and get yourself into a situation don't expect me to bail you out. Made your bed, sleep in it more or less. UK was one of the founding members of the SEC, the other schools elevated their football programs over time and UK...well... didn't. Would I be happier if they did well, I suspect it would be nice but I do find the exasperation of UK fans who rave about how awesome their football conference is, yet perennially they are the league doormat, quite amusing. It's like having a big brother who treats you like you don't exist most of the time yet when he notices you, beats the living snot out of you. You then talk about how awesome he is as you try to reset your broken jaw.

As far as St.X I'll be honest with you, I was cheering against them when they played the team from SC, and BG for that matter. I have respect for my opponent, but the fans can easily sour me(as the many Tiger fans on here did). In regards to the UK thing I grew up a UK fan, I found myself torn when Brian Brohm went to UL and during that time I found myself getting more annoyed with the UK fans as I couldn't understand why they wouldn't want the other local team to do well. UK fans soured UK for me.

UK fans soured UK for me.

That is just weak though. I would much rather be a part of a huge fan base that shows up every where and is passionate about their teams than be a part of a "smart" one that doesn't care much and would rather be right than root for your team. EVERY fan base has plenty of idiots.

That is just weak though. I would much rather be a part of a huge fan base that shows up every where and is passionate about their teams than be a part of a "smart" one that doesn't care much and would rather be right than root for your team. EVERY fan base has plenty of idiots.

I just have a problem with loud morons, Louisville has their fair share as well but they aren't as loud. If they were I would probably dislike them as well.