Need to bring back thread how UofL would do vs Uk's schedule

dawgs83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it comical that, after beating Florida, Louisville fans are spitting on the SEC.

Meh. We spit on it all the time, but usually we have to wait until the full swing of basketball season.

Joking, everyone.

I don't know that we're spitting on the SEC, but given how much talk UofL fans heard over the last month of how we should be grateful Florida would even stoop down to take the field against us, we're having a little fun, even if we're not being entirely logical.

I don't know how Louisville would do against an SEC schedule, but I certainly think that Vandy's 8-4 this year would be a good starting point for any real discussion. 9-3 is definitely not outside the realm of possiblity.

I find it comical that, after beating Florida, Louisville fans are spitting on the SEC.

Enjoy the win, UL fans. I didn't watch the game but it sounds like an impressive performance. Congrats.

I'd guess that for a lot of Louisville fans, it's in response to the stupidity of this phenomena:

Bryan Curtis on the S-E-C chant

That is especially so when Louisville fans hear Kentucky fans chanting it in relation to football, as though UK somehow contributes to the overall quality and depth of the nation's best conference, as though UK football is somehow validated by what Florida/Alabama/LSU et al achieves on the field.

I'd guess that for a lot of Louisville fans, it's in response to the stupidity of this phenomena:

Bryan Curtis on the S-E-C chant

That is especially so when Louisville fans hear Kentucky fans chanting it in relation to football, as though UK somehow contributes to the overall quality and depth of the nation's best conference, as though UK football is somehow validated by what Florida/Alabama/LSU et al achieves on the field.

UK is as relevant to SEC football as 1 flake in an avalanche, they're there but their individual contribution is meaningless.

I think UofL would play respectable in the SEC but I would not expect UofL to play as inspired as theg did last night on a weekly basis and I wouldn't expect SEC opponents to play them as uninspired as Florida did.

I absolutely thought UL was overrated. I mean they got pounded by Syracuse and lost at home to Uconn. They proved their potential last night and Bridgewater is the real deal. I was definitely wrong, congrats to the Cards.

I heard someone say that SEC fans from schools who don't do anything in football and beat their chest to the success of Bama, LSU, UF are like a group of guys who get none, but a couple of their buddies do, so they walk around like their the boss. Thought it was spot on, it's just comical. Same could be said for Big East basketball fans in recent years, except they don't represent the championship nearly as much.

UK is as relevant to SEC football as 1 flake in an avalanche, they're there but their individual contribution is meaningless.

But it is not like it is only UK fans that do it. I get why people are annoyed by it (heck I am) but the conference as a whole as a lot of pride in being the best and UK happens to be in the conference so some fans cheer for it.

The deck is stacked against UK in the SEC. Switch UK and UL conferences and Louisville would likely have zero BCS appearances and UK could possibly have had one or two. Don't get me wrong, UL definitely has a superior program right now but if you are a UK fan arguing football, what else is there to go on?

But it is not like it is only UK fans that do it. I get why people are annoyed by it (heck I am) but the conference as a whole as a lot of pride in being the best and UK happens to be in the conference so some fans cheer for it.

The deck is stacked against UK in the SEC. Switch UK and UL conferences and Louisville would likely have zero BCS appearances and UK could possibly have had one or two. Don't get me wrong, UL definitely has a superior program right now but if you are a UK fan arguing football, what else is there to go on?

The Kragthorpe Era? :D