Lincoln Movie

kygirl

Spielberg's "Lincoln" more than 10 years in the making. The film covers a four-month period of Lincoln’s presidency in which he is absorbed with trying to get Congress to pass the 13th Amendment abolishing slavery. It follows the political process closely and accurately portrays a drama few have heard about from the last four months of Lincoln’s life.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Anyone else?

Lincoln Movie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think

I'm going to have an outing where my AP US History classes meet, and we watch it. Sound great. For those interested, here is the book the movie

is based on:

Amazon.com: Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln (9780743270755): Doris Kearns Goodwin: Books

I think I am putting the book on my Christmas wish list.

I think I am putting the book on my Christmas wish list.

Another good short book by Kearns is "Wait 'til Next Year", about her story growing up in Brooklyn in the 1950s as a Dodger fan. There is a lot about the culture in NYC and America as well. Very good book, I just finished it. She's written a lot of American History books that are very highly thought of.

Another

good short book by Kearns is "Wait 'til Next Year", about her story growing up in Brooklyn in the 1950s as a Dodger fan. There is a lot about the culture in NYC and America as well. Very good book, I just finished it. She's written a lot of American History books that are very highly thought of.

I remember watching her on Ken Burns' "Baseball" and that she was a Brooklyn fan...

After watching a couple trailers, I have to ask: is there anyone in Hollywood that isn't in this movie? They've seemingly pulled in every single character actor they could get and put them in this movie. That aspect alone would have me really interested...

The fact that it's Daniel Day Lewis getting together with Steven Spielberg makes it EXTREMELY compelling.

After watching a couple trailers, I have to ask: is there anyone in Hollywood that isn't in this movie? They've seemingly pulled in every single character actor they could get and put them in this movie. That aspect alone would have me really interested...

The fact that it's Daniel Day Lewis getting together with Steven Spielberg makes it EXTREMELY compelling.

No joke! In that last thread that MJ posted, I commented with the list of names...it's IMPRESSIVE who all is attached to this movie!!

Stephen Spielberg

Daniel Day Lewis

Sally Field

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Tommy Lee Jones

David Straithairn

Lee Pace

Jared Harris

James Spader

Jon Hawkes

Hal Holbrook

Tim Blake Nelson