Lincoln Movie

kygirl

After watching a couple trailers, I have to ask: is there anyone in Hollywood that isn't in this movie? They've seemingly pulled in every single character actor they could get and put them in this movie. That aspect alone would have me really interested...

The fact that it's Daniel Day Lewis getting together with Steven Spielberg makes it EXTREMELY compelling.

Sounds like the modern version of "How the west was won."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm going to have an outing where my AP US History classes meet, and we watch it. Sound great. For those interested, here is the book the movie is based on:

Amazon.com: Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln (9780743270755): Doris Kearns Goodwin: Books

Goodwin was committed to come to Auburn, as she felt a "special warmth" toward the city. It was at the Seward House that her research inspired the narrative structure "Team of Rivals" would take. She described seeing Seward's cigars and snuff box, the "fabulous resources" that were Seward's letters to his wife, Frances, and the garden where Seward awaited word — ultimately in vain — that he won the 1860 Republican nomination for president.

Researching Seward led Goodwin to look at Lincoln's other rivals for that same nomination, Salmon Chase and Edward Bates.

"Then I had my story," she said. 'Team of Rivals' author Goodwin tells stories of Lincoln, Seward at Auburn talk

I saw the movie yesterday in Lexington. It is a great movie and I don't see how it will not sweep the Oscars this year, starting with Best Picture. Daniel Day-Lewis should be a lock to win his 3rd Best Actor Oscar. Sally Field will probably win her 3rd as well. And I wouldn't rule out that Tommy Lee Jones doesn't win his 2nd. Wonderful film. The audience stood and gave it a standing ovation at the end.

Movie was so good and had such good dialogue and characters that I'd see it again(I never see movies more than once).

I highly recommend it.

Plan on seeing the Movie on Friday and have requested the Audio-Book from the Library, although it might be a few weeks before I get it!

I'm debating on seeing this tonight, but when I check the movie times at the Florence Rave, all it shows me are the stupid Twilight times....Is that the only film they're showing tonight?

Can anyone who has access to the showtimes help me out and post them? Thanks!

That happened to me the other day on their site. Here's what I get for Lincoln times today:

Florence 14 (0 mi) | map

7860 Mall Road, Florence, KY 41042

Buy Tickets - 10:50 am | 2:30 pm | 2:30 pm | 3:30 pm | 6:20 pm | 6:20 pm | 7:10 pm | 10:30 pm