Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Midnight Madness kicks off Friday night

Featured Replies

:idunno: Fans sure attend games like they care, but I guess you know better.

 

UK football attendance national ranking:

2011 - 27th

2010 - 25th

2009 - 22nd

2008 - 23rd

2007 - 23rd

2006 - 31st

2005 - 27th

2004 - (not listed)

2003 - 23rd

2002 - 24th

2001 - 23rd

2000 - 22nd

1999 - 21st

1998 - 26th

 

Yeah but the Bowl committees hate them because they know UK fans never travel to support their football team, the fans just aren't that passionate about football, oh, wait a minute.................

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Drummond ‏@JDrumUK

Running BBM headcount: Harrison twins, Derek Willis, James Young, Marcus Lee, Cliff Alexander, JaQuan Lyle, Trey Lyles, Karl Towns.

:idunno: Fans sure attend games like they care, but I guess you know better.

 

UK football attendance national ranking:

2011 - 27th

2010 - 25th

2009 - 22nd

2008 - 23rd

2007 - 23rd

2006 - 31st

2005 - 27th

2004 - (not listed)

2003 - 23rd

2002 - 24th

2001 - 23rd

2000 - 22nd

1999 - 21st

1998 - 26th

 

Aren't football season ticket packages tied to basketball ticket packages? And I'm betting that in each of those cases, they are next-to-last in the SEC, just in front of Vandy.

Jeff Drummond ‏@JDrumUK

Running BBM headcount: Harrison twins, Derek Willis, James Young, Marcus Lee, Cliff Alexander, JaQuan Lyle, Trey Lyles, Karl Towns.

 

Thanks for the info.Could we see Lee announce next week?

Wish I could be up there. I've never been to a UK Midnight Madness.

Wish I could be up there. I've never been to a UK Midnight Madness.

 

Check out ESPNU tonight. They will have UK as part of their coverage. What my husband is going to do, as he is in Florida.

Check out ESPNU tonight. They will have UK as part of their coverage. What my husband is going to do, as he is in Florida.

 

Not like being there, though. If he's in the TBA, PM me. It's party time on the lake. :sssh:

 

I had planned on going to "Hoop-La" at USF (8 pm this evening) then watching the coverage of a real basketball program kick-off at midnight, but I can't make "Hoop-La". It would have been my first look at the new Sun Dome and a chance check find out the view from where they moved my season ticket seats to. I also can't make the exhibition game on November 5th, so I guess I'll have to wait until the opener on 10th.

 

I need me some roundball bad.

Aren't football season ticket packages tied to basketball ticket packages? And I'm betting that in each of those cases, they are next-to-last in the SEC, just in front of Vandy.

 

Jim, have you been to many UK football games?

Check out ESPNU tonight. They will have UK as part of their coverage. What my husband is going to do, as he is in Florida.

 

Ukathletics will also carry it live, if I don't go i'll just watch it online and not worry about ESPN trying to get multiple teams in on one show.

No, my assessment comes from as dispassionate a standpoint as there can be. UK fans gripe about football sucking, yet don't think there's a correlation between their passion for hoops and their lack of passion for football and how the university prioritizes. Kentucky football will continue to be a joke until UK fans stop being so single-minded.

 

I must say Schue, this Cats fan is smellin' what you're cookin'

Again, all I'm saying is the fact that UK fans are so single-minded in their passion -- and so easily distracted by the bouncing ball -- is why the administration feels no compulsion to fix their embarrassing football mess. If you guys were as passionate about football as you were basketball, you could have a good football program. But the fact that, as a whole, UK fans don't care about football is why that program continues to be one of the worst in the country, year-in and year-out. Success in one doesn't have to come at the expense of the other, but it sure seems to.

 

I'm with Schue on this one.

I'm with Schue on this one.

 

I disagree completely. UK football fans are passionate. When BCG was driving the program in the ground the basketball attendence went way down. When Brooks took UK to football games the fans traveled.

 

If you think the only thing keeping UK from having a great football team is fan interest then you have hit your head.

Matthew Mitchell is the man. He is a great asset for UK and isn't a bad dancer either. Haha

Matthew Mitchell is the man. He is a great asset for UK and isn't a bad dancer either. Haha

 

What did he dance to?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.