Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the best 3 point shooter in KY High School History??

Featured Replies

I was just wanting some thoughts on this and it is high school career only in kentucky, not college. Some names that come to my mind are Chris Lofton, Richie Farmer, and Rick Jones

  • Replies 78
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't exactly remember his name but there was a guard a few years ago at mad. central named Chuckie (Fritz or Campbell, I think) who had one of the purest strokes I have ever seen. He was just overshadowed by Marquis Estill and Kenneal Jenkins.

  • Author

never heard of that kid from there. I am talking about kids who have played at rupp and hit big shots and was consistent throughout their career. I am not taking anything away from Daniel Brown, because he may just be a great shooter.

  • Author

Chuckie was a decent shooter and i had the opportunity to play against him during my high school career. Braondon Fritz, his backcourt mae, was a pure shooter and that may be who you are thinking about.

Scott Draud from HHS averaged over 30 points a game his senior year.....That was without the 3 point line.....Almost all of his shots were from downtown so I can't imagine what his average would of been if he actually had the 3 point line........The best shooter I have ever seen at the high school level by far..........Played for Vandy in college......Was MVP of the NIT one year.......

I can't recall a better shooter than Draud from Northern Kentucky.

I can't recall a better shooter than Draud from Northern Kentucky.

:ylsuper:

Travis Ford, Richie Farmer and Chris Lofton would all be on my list.

Troy McKinley would have worn the 19'9 line out from the corner.

Casey Alsop from Scott County has to also come into play. He could light the perimeter up. He went on to play at Georgetown College, where he continued to light it up for Happy Osbourne.

Richie Farmer only played one year in high school with the 3-point shot.

Chris Harrison could sure light up.

Travis Ford hit 101 of 191 for 52.9% for UK in the 1992-93 season.

 

That Chapman kid from Owensboro wasn't too bad either.

Alan Houston was a great 3 pt. shooter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.