Cincinnati 34 Pittsburgh 10

gametime

I only watched the first quarter and that was all I really needed to see, they looked really good. I really do enjoy watching UC football, their program has done it right when it comes to trying to be a successful football program unlike UK. I know I will enjoy watching how UC does this year, and can't wait to see UC and UL play.

I love it! I talked to Winn at the spring football camp before the spring game in April. He is a class act. I talked to him for 5 minutes and told him I thought he would have a great season. To see that run was so awesome! I hope UC wins out. I think we can beat VT!!!

Good, important win for UC. I'm a longtime UC fan, and they looked good at times tonight. The defense in particular came up big in the first half.

That said, let's not get too far in front of the skis. Pitt is not good. They came into the game five days removed from a two score loss to Youngstown St.

Hopefully the win keeps UC football relevant on the area sports scene moving forward. With the Reds heading to the postseason and the Bengals starting the season, it's tough to stay in the minds of area fans. Here's hoping they keep winning.

I only watched about 20 min of it and UC's running game was doing whatever they wanted. Congrats to former Highlands Bluebird, Adam "Lumpy" Dempsey getting a lot of snaps at DT. The way they rotate that group, I only saw him in a few plays. How did he do overall? The Defensive Line seemed to really dominate as well. Is UC that good or is Pitt that bad?

I only watched about 20 min of it and UC's running game was doing whatever they wanted. Congrats to former Highlands Bluebird, Adam "Lumpy" Dempsey getting a lot of snaps at DT. The way they rotate that group, I only saw him in a few plays. How did he do overall? The Defensive Line seemed to really dominate as well. Is UC that good or is Pitt that bad?

Pitt looked awful! Their OL could not pass block at all! Clock management at the end of the 1st half was extremely poor. No wonder this team lost to Youngstown State the week before. And this team is bailing on the Big East for the ACC? Good riddance!

Exactly the words I asked my wife. I hope it's the former but Pitt is pretty bad. I think it's going to be a lot of fun watching UC this year.

Pitt looked awful! Their OL could not pass block at all! Clock management at the end of the 1st half was extremely poor. No wonder this team lost to Youngstown State the week before. And this team is bailing on the Big East for the ACC? Good riddance!

Exactly what I thoguht.

UC still has a lot of room to grow, and that starts with Munchie continuing to develop as a passer. I thought they left at least 2 TDs on on the field in the passing game. The D looked really good, but still needs work in the middle which is expected after losing two DTs to the NFL. Walt Stewart was a monster off the edge and Greg Blair was a nice surprise in the middle. All in all a nice opening game for UC against a team they should have handled like they did...