Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Ben: "I'll Miss a Game if My Wife Goes into Labor"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“I’m not missing the birth of my child,” Roethlisberger told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “There’s no chance. I know some fans probably don’t want to hear that, but there’s no chance.”

 

And neither would I.

I would certainly hope that's the stance he'd take. Last I checked your child is only born once.

  • Author
I would certainly hope that's the stance he'd take. Last I checked your child is only born once.

 

Many an athlete skips it.

Many an athlete skips it.

 

Many an athlete ends up bankrupt at some point in their lives too. As much as we may envy their talents I certainly don't look at a lof of them as models for how I would live my life. Almost makes you wonder, wish we could see a percentage of those that skipped it and then were bankrupt some time after their career. All about priorities.

Maybe the Chrysler LeBaron he face planted had a delay in knocking some sense into him.

When did he get married? Before or after raping that woman?

^After, Good for him. I don't blame him one bit.

She could be in labor for 24-36 hours also. He can likely do both. He should have gotten her pregnant during the season. Poor planning. I hope she goes into labor in week 17 when they need a win to make the playoffs. :lol:

Many an athlete skips it.

 

I'm stereotyping but a lot of them are just welfare dads. I'd imagine Cromartie missed a few.

I just think they could a better job of family planning. Plan to have the child during the off season. And yes, I realize that is not always possible. Just a thought.

I just think they could a better job of family planning. Plan to have the child during the off season. And yes, I realize that is not always possible. Just a thought.

 

Absolutely. It's not like the offseason isn't big enough. 17-24 week season leaves 28 other weeks for her to have that baby. I'm glad I'm not a Steeler fan because I'd be begging to trade his selfish butt for a more committed quarterback. He's got his two rings and money so he may as well retire and focus on his family since he's at that point in his life where his team is obviously down the list of his priorities.

I'm stereotyping but a lot of them are just welfare dads. I'd imagine Cromartie missed a few.

 

Considering he couldn't name them, I'd have to think he wasn't present for their birth!

Absolutely. It's not like the offseason isn't big enough. 17-24 week season leaves 28 other weeks for her to have that baby. I'm glad I'm not a Steeler fan because I'd be begging to trade his selfish butt for a more committed quarterback. He's got his two rings and money so he may as well retire and focus on his family since he's at that point in his life where his team is obviously down the list of his priorities.
Aww come on, not buying this. I don't think you'd miss the birth of one of your kids because you had to work at your job or had to preside over a meeting.
Aww come on, not buying this. I don't think you'd miss the birth of one of your kids because you had to work at your job or had to preside over a meeting.

 

My job at work is a lot different than getting paid millions of dollars for 3 hours and 57 minutes on a Sunday. I'd have made sure my wife would not be planning on giving birth during the season. Conception would have came after one of those Monday night victories over the Ravens. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.