Big Ben: "I'll Miss a Game if My Wife Goes into Labor"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many an athlete skips it.

Many an athlete ends up bankrupt at some point in their lives too. As much as we may envy their talents I certainly don't look at a lof of them as models for how I would live my life. Almost makes you wonder, wish we could see a percentage of those that skipped it and then were bankrupt some time after their career. All about priorities.

Guest Birdflu

I just think they could a better job of family planning. Plan to have the child during the off season. And yes, I realize that is not always possible. Just a thought.

I just think they could a better job of family planning. Plan to have the child during the off season. And yes, I realize that is not always possible. Just a thought.

Absolutely. It's not like the offseason isn't big enough. 17-24 week season leaves 28 other weeks for her to have that baby. I'm glad I'm not a Steeler fan because I'd be begging to trade his selfish butt for a more committed quarterback. He's got his two rings and money so he may as well retire and focus on his family since he's at that point in his life where his team is obviously down the list of his priorities.

Absolutely. It's not like the offseason isn't big enough. 17-24 week season leaves 28 other weeks for her to have that baby. I'm glad I'm not a Steeler fan because I'd be begging to trade his selfish butt for a more committed quarterback. He's got his two rings and money so he may as well retire and focus on his family since he's at that point in his life where his team is obviously down the list of his priorities.
Aww come on, not buying this. I don't think you'd miss the birth of one of your kids because you had to work at your job or had to preside over a meeting.

Aww come on, not buying this. I don't think you'd miss the birth of one of your kids because you had to work at your job or had to preside over a meeting.

My job at work is a lot different than getting paid millions of dollars for 3 hours and 57 minutes on a Sunday. I'd have made sure my wife would not be planning on giving birth during the season. Conception would have came after one of those Monday night victories over the Ravens. :D