September 7, 201214 yr When did he get married? Before or after raping that woman? Allegedly. You forgot that word.
September 7, 201214 yr I don't know about most of you, but for me I rank things like this: 1.) Family Everything else (work included) I expect nothing different from athletes just because they are paid millions.
September 7, 201214 yr I don't know about most of you, but for me I rank things like this: 1.) Family Everything else (work included) I expect nothing different from athletes just because they are paid millions. So he shouldn't have been smarter about planning his family?
September 7, 201214 yr So he shouldn't have been smarter about planning his family? She probably didn't, but how do you know that she wasn't having trouble getting pregnant? I have several friends and family members who have had issues with it for whatever reason and if that were the case, you take it when you can get it. Like I said, probably not the case, but you never know.
September 7, 201214 yr The ESPN radio guys said they have a terrible OB. They could induce at any time. I don't think Ben plans sex, it just happens when it happens.
September 7, 201214 yr I don't have a clue what it is like to make millions of dollars to play a game and carry the weight and burdens of a franchise and its fans on my shoulders like he does. I do know I wouldn't have mentioned anything publicly and likely would have done whatever my owners allowed me to do. If they expected me to suit up and play then I would. If it was a game that could determine my team's fate for the rest of the season then I would play. If we were done then shoot, let's have a baby. My main beef is the planning. This could have been planned so much better.
September 7, 201214 yr She probably didn't, but how do you know that she wasn't having trouble getting pregnant? I have several friends and family members who have had issues with it for whatever reason and if that were the case, you take it when you can get it. Like I said, probably not the case, but you never know. Never know. It still could have been planned better. For 10 million a year I'm going to be an excellent employee and teammate.
September 7, 201214 yr The ESPN radio guys said they have a terrible OB. They could induce at any time. I don't think Ben plans sex, it just happens when it happens. All good points.
September 7, 201214 yr My brother and sister in law did a better job of planning their pregnancy around the Bourbon Chase and his tournament fishing season. Hard to believe Ben and his wife couldn't. Three words: birth control pills. Edited September 7, 201214 yr by PurplePride92
September 7, 201214 yr So he shouldn't have been smarter about planning his family? I think it's his right to have a child whenever he wants. People miss games for many different reasons. One game in one season does not matter more than the birth of his first child. I don't have kids, but you won't change my opinion on this.
September 7, 201214 yr I don't have a clue what it is like to make millions of dollars to play a game and carry the weight and burdens of a franchise and its fans on my shoulders like he does. I do know I wouldn't have mentioned anything publicly and likely would have done whatever my owners allowed me to do. If they expected me to suit up and play then I would. If it was a game that could determine my team's fate for the rest of the season then I would play. If we were done then shoot, let's have a baby. My main beef is the planning. This could have been planned so much better. You realize that sometimes these things aren't planned right? Sometimes even the best birth control doesn't work. Regardless, it's not my business or your business when he has a kid. And if I know anything about the Steelers owners, I'd say they would tell him to take a game off if necessary. Family is important.
September 7, 201214 yr Never know. It still could have been planned better. For 10 million a year I'm going to be an excellent employee and teammate. And taking a game off to see the birth of your child doesn't make you any less of an employee or teammate.
September 7, 201214 yr ^After, Good for him. I don't blame him one bit. I don't blame him either. Could you imagine how much she'd be on him the rest of his life if he did miss this? But I do wonder if his wife had to get her parents to sign a form allowing Ben to marry her, or was she of legal age already? Edited September 8, 201214 yr by True blue (and gold) Rule 8
September 7, 201214 yr My brother and sister in law did a better job of planning their pregnancy around the Bourbon Chase and his tournament fishing season. Hard to believe Ben and his wife couldn't. Three words: birth control pills. What you are failing to grasp is that it's not up to you, me or the Steelers when Ben and his wife have a kid. It's up to Ben and his wife. No one else should be involved.
September 7, 201214 yr What you are failing to grasp is that it's not up to you, me or the Steelers when Ben and his wife have a kid. It's up to Ben and his wife. No one else should be involved. Then he shouldn't have said anything. He did and now I am voicing my opinion.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.