Big Ben: "I'll Miss a Game if My Wife Goes into Labor"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he shouldn't have been smarter about planning his family?

She probably didn't, but how do you know that she wasn't having trouble getting pregnant? I have several friends and family members who have had issues with it for whatever reason and if that were the case, you take it when you can get it.

Like I said, probably not the case, but you never know.

I don't have a clue what it is like to make millions of dollars to play a game and carry the weight and burdens of a franchise and its fans on my shoulders like he does. I do know I wouldn't have mentioned anything publicly and likely would have done whatever my owners allowed me to do. If they expected me to suit up and play then I would. If it was a game that could determine my team's fate for the rest of the season then I would play. If we were done then shoot, let's have a baby.

My main beef is the planning. This could have been planned so much better.

She probably didn't, but how do you know that she wasn't having trouble getting pregnant? I have several friends and family members who have had issues with it for whatever reason and if that were the case, you take it when you can get it.

Like I said, probably not the case, but you never know.

Never know. It still could have been planned better. For 10 million a year I'm going to be an excellent employee and teammate.

So he shouldn't have been smarter about planning his family?

I think it's his right to have a child whenever he wants. People miss games for many different reasons. One game in one season does not matter more than the birth of his first child. I don't have kids, but you won't change my opinion on this.

I don't have a clue what it is like to make millions of dollars to play a game and carry the weight and burdens of a franchise and its fans on my shoulders like he does. I do know I wouldn't have mentioned anything publicly and likely would have done whatever my owners allowed me to do. If they expected me to suit up and play then I would. If it was a game that could determine my team's fate for the rest of the season then I would play. If we were done then shoot, let's have a baby.

My main beef is the planning. This could have been planned so much better.

You realize that sometimes these things aren't planned right? Sometimes even the best birth control doesn't work. Regardless, it's not my business or your business when he has a kid.

And if I know anything about the Steelers owners, I'd say they would tell him to take a game off if necessary. Family is important.

^After, Good for him. I don't blame him one bit.

I don't blame him either. Could you imagine how much she'd be on him the rest of his life if he did miss this? But I do wonder if his wife had to get her parents to sign a form allowing Ben to marry her, or was she of legal age already?

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

My brother and sister in law did a better job of planning their pregnancy around the Bourbon Chase and his tournament fishing season. Hard to believe Ben and his wife couldn't. Three words: birth control pills.

What you are failing to grasp is that it's not up to you, me or the Steelers when Ben and his wife have a kid. It's up to Ben and his wife. No one else should be involved.