September 7, 201214 yr You pay your $20 but it took a lot of emails to get the 20 out of you this year.... I'm sure you hear this a lot. But it ain't my fault!
September 7, 201214 yr I'm sure you hear this a lot. But it ain't my fault! Most peeps are pretty cool about payment. Paypal can be a pain but when it comes to money I like a company that makes us dot all our I's and cross all our T's.
September 7, 201214 yr Most peeps are pretty cool about payment. Paypal can be a pain but when it comes to money I like a company that makes us dot all our I's and cross all our T's. Well all my I's were crossed and all my T's were dotted. Or something like that. Because I changed nothing before I sent my payment in the last time.
September 7, 201214 yr Team Big Ben is more important than the Steelers and if the Rooney's run their organization as well as I always hear they do, then I would think they would agree. Saying they are going to do whatever possible probably means that they will induce Labor on a Tuesday or something and this conversation will have been pointless. What does Pancake and the other Steelers fans think?
September 7, 201214 yr Team Big Ben is more important than the Steelers and if the Rooney's run their organization as well as I always hear they do, then I would think they would agree. Saying they are going to do whatever possible probably means that they will induce Labor on a Tuesday or something and this conversation will have been pointless. What does Pancake and the other Steelers fans think? I'm in line with your thinking about an early induction. Plus, I always hear that doctors will purposely induce to avoid having to come in over the weekend anyway. Probably not best practice, but I'm sure it happens. As for my thinking about missing a game for the birth of a child: No brainer. Family trumps work. As for better planning? We don't know how long they tried to get pregnant. Maybe the intent was to have a post-season birth, but it just didn't work out that way. Should he and his wife be expected to put their lives on hold until the next opportunity for post-season birth comes along? Seems like that is a lot to ask...even for an athlete. Granted, as a woman, it's easy for me to see things from the wife's perspective. I'd not be very happy if my husband's employer dictated the times I could and could not conceive. What other once in a lifetime family moments should we expect athletes to miss? Saying goodbye to a close loved one on their deathbed? Is it okay to skip a game to be with an ailing mother or father or spouse in their last hours??? Really curious to hear the answer to that after reading some of the previous posts.
September 7, 201214 yr I'm in line with your thinking about an early induction. Plus, I always hear that doctors will purposely induce to avoid having to come in over the weekend anyway. Probably not best practice, but I'm sure it happens. As for my thinking about missing a game for the birth of a child: No brainer. Family trumps work. As for better planning? We don't know how long they tried to get pregnant. Maybe the intent was to have a post-season birth, but it just didn't work out that way. Should he and his wife be expected to put their lives on hold until the next opportunity for post-season birth comes along? Seems like that is a lot to ask...even for an athlete. Granted, as a woman, it's easy for me to see things from the wife's perspective. I'd not be very happy if my husband's employer dictated the times I could and could not conceive. What other once in a lifetime family moments should we expect athletes to miss? Saying goodbye to a close loved one on their deathbed? Is it okay to skip a game to be with an ailing mother or father or spouse in their last hours??? Really curious to hear the answer to that after reading some of the previous posts. When my son was born, he was a little over a week over due. The OB sent us to the hospital and induced on a Sunday night because he was going golfing on Tuesday and Wednesday and wanted to make sure the baby was here on Monday.
September 7, 201214 yr I'm in line with your thinking about an early induction. Plus, I always hear that doctors will purposely induce to avoid having to come in over the weekend anyway. Probably not best practice, but I'm sure it happens. As for my thinking about missing a game for the birth of a child: No brainer. Family trumps work. As for better planning? We don't know how long they tried to get pregnant. Maybe the intent was to have a post-season birth, but it just didn't work out that way. Should he and his wife be expected to put their lives on hold until the next opportunity for post-season birth comes along? Seems like that is a lot to ask...even for an athlete. Granted, as a woman, it's easy for me to see things from the wife's perspective. I'd not be very happy if my husband's employer dictated the times I could and could not conceive. What other once in a lifetime family moments should we expect athletes to miss? Saying goodbye to a close loved one on their deathbed? Is it okay to skip a game to be with an ailing mother or father or spouse in their last hours??? Really curious to hear the answer to that after reading some of the previous posts. His employer isn't dictating when he can and can't conceive a child. Far as we have seen and what everyone believes about the Rooney family he can miss the game. I, along with 2 other people, think he should play. Your other lifetime event questions are all different situations with different circumstances and everybody grieves and handles death differently. Me personally, I would still play in those situations that you mentioned. I expect those who would be at their child's birth to be at the situations that you mentioned.
September 7, 201214 yr For those who say he should miss the game can he miss the Super Bowl for the birth of his baby? If he misses a game and it costs the Steelers the playoffs is that cool? And yes, I'd love to hear what the Steeler fans think also.
September 7, 201214 yr Your other lifetime event questions are all different situations with different circumstances and everybody grieves and handles death differently. Me personally, I would still play in those situations that you mentioned. I expect those who would be at their child's birth to be at the situations that you mentioned. Interesting. You're definitely consistent with your stance. And for that, I give you a: :thumb:.
September 7, 201214 yr Interesting. You're definitely consistent with your stance. And for that, I give you a: :thumb:. I may not be right or politically correct but I am usually pretty consistent. Consistently bad or consistently good. :lol:
September 7, 201214 yr I may not be right or politically correct but I am usually pretty consistent. Consistently bad or consistently good. :lol: Sounds like the officials in my Men's league. Wouldn't call them good, but you know what you're getting from them haha! So PP92, if one of your kids was on your death bed, you woudln't skip the game to see them one last time? I have a hard time beliving that.
September 7, 201214 yr For those who say he should miss the game can he miss the Super Bowl for the birth of his baby? If he misses a game and it costs the Steelers the playoffs is that cool? And yes, I'd love to hear what the Steeler fans think also. Well, I can't speak for Steelernation, but I grew up in Pittsburgh a fan of the team. And if nothing else, with few exceptions (namely Ben), the town is blue collar and stand up type folks. It always has been. (See Sean Casey) It's my opinion that if he ditched the birth of his child for a football game it would show me more that his character in fact hadn't changed for the better. I'd guess the majority of Pittsburgh folks would pat him on the back and say good job. I don't really understand how the same people who fry him for making immature decisions previously now fry him for making a mature one. I understand the angst against the Steelers and namely Ben, but you can't have it both ways.
September 7, 201214 yr Sounds like the officials in my Men's league. Wouldn't call them good, but you know what you're getting from them haha! So PP92, if one of your kids was on your death bed, you woudln't skip the game to see them one last time? I have a hard time beliving that. If one of my kids is on their death bed the only game I am likely physically able to play is probably on a PS3. :lol: If one of my kids is that ill I probably wouldn't play that season and possibly never again. Dealing with the death of a young kid(s) is easily the most traumatizing thing any person would ever have to deal with IMO. Whole other ballgame compared to the birth of kid or the death of a parent or spouse.
September 7, 201214 yr If one of my kids is on their death bed the only game I am likely physically able to play is probably on a PS3. :lol: If one of my kids is that ill I probably wouldn't play that season and possibly never again. Dealing with the death of a young kid(s) is easily the most traumatizing thing any person would ever have to deal with IMO. Whole other ballgame compared to the birth of kid or the death of a parent or spouse. If you have kids did you or would you have missed their birth for your job?
September 7, 201214 yr If you have kids did you or would you have missed their birth for your job? I have 3 kids and I was present for 1, my youngest. I missed 2 days of work to attend his birth. Me not being at work didn't affect the lives of everyone else in the plant. It's impossible to compare my situation to Ben's. I thought you didn't care.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.