Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Ben: "I'll Miss a Game if My Wife Goes into Labor"

Featured Replies

I have 3 kids and I was present for 1, my youngest. I missed 2 days of work to attend his birth. Me not being at work didn't affect the lives of everyone else in the plant. It's impossible to compare my situation to Ben's.

 

I thought you didn't care.

 

I get it that you are trying to pick at me with the "I thought you didn't care" comment, but I do not think you understand what I said "I do not care" about. I do not care what choice Big Ben makes. However, I believe it is his decision to make along with his wife. No one else should have an opinion about whether or not he misses the birth of his child. It's his child.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get it that you are trying to pick at me with the "I thought you didn't care" comment, but I do not think you understand what I said "I do not care" about. I do not care what choice Big Ben makes. However, I believe it is his decision to make along with his wife. No one else should have an opinion about whether or not he misses the birth of his child. It's his child.

 

So that means I can't have an opinion about it? That befuddles me.

It sounds like I can't have an opinion on it if I don't agree with yours.

It sounds like I can't have an opinion on it if I don't agree with yours.

 

You still don't get my point.

 

I do not care one bit whether or not he is at the game, or at the hospital during his baby's birth. I think it's his decision (along with his wife). I think it's nobody else's business.

 

Where I disagree with you, is that you say he should be at the game. I'll say it again because I'm not sure if I have been clear enough. I don't think that is any of your business. Nor is it mine.

You still don't get my point.

 

I do not care one bit whether or not he is at the game, or at the hospital during his baby's birth. I think it's his decision (along with his wife). I think it's nobody else's business.

 

Where I disagree with you, is that you say he should be at the game. I'll say it again because I'm not sure if I have been clear enough. I don't think that is any of your business. Nor is it mine.

 

:lol:

 

I understand that. My point is that we are on page 2 of a thread talking about it. Whether it is my business or not what he does on Labor Day Sunday it was brought up for discussion and I am discussing it. Fine, it's not my business. I'll still be happy to discuss it and explain why I feel the way I feel with anyone who wants to discuss it. No one was harmed in the duration of this discussion.

I hope she goes into Labor on a Tuesday.

:lol:

 

I understand that. My point is that we are on page 2 of a thread talking about it. Whether it is my business or not what he does on Labor Day Sunday it was brought up for discussion and I am discussing it. Fine, it's not my business. I'll still be happy to discuss it and explain why I feel the way I feel with anyone who wants to discuss it. No one was harmed in the duration of this discussion.

 

Never said anyone was. Just puttin my .02 in which in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing.

So when is her due date? That way I'll know not to bet on the Steelers that week.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Actually, one of my No. 1 gambling rules is to never bet on your own team, as emotion clouds good judgment)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.