Your Favorite Hat

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Number seven needs some modification. It's totally acceptable to wear your hat backwards in softball. In fact, I frown upon those who wear them straight.
It is totally Doofus to wear a ball cap backward unless you are a catcher . The brim is to keep the SUN from blinding you ,not for making a dubious fashion? statement . Urban Dictionary: doofus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have several ball caps. No favorite. I just grab one and go. Most of my hats get pretty grungy from working at the river or at the farm. Henry threatens to throw them out. When they get so bad that I can't stand the smell of them, I throw them in a bucket of water and bleach for a couple of days, then wash them out. Hats come out clean with the material just being a little lighter. Not a fan of the brims worn backward, off center or flat.

I found a style of hat (The Game) at the state basketball tourney several years ago that had Sweet Sixteen and KHSAA on it that I liked a lot. Just liked the way it fit my head. I was able to get them for a couple of years at the tourney and then they apparently discontinued that style and went with something cheaper looking. I've looked around for something similar but so far no luck in doing so.

Koch's Sporting Goods in Cincinnati carry the Game brand hats. Just ordered some.

• 7 months later...
I've had two. One was a plain old Reds hat I got when I was like 11. Had the cloth band on the back to resize it as I got older. I wore that thing EVERYWHERE. I have zero doubt that that hat shows up in more pictures with me than any family member or friend ever did. We were inseparable. I finally had to retire it after I leaned over the rail along the left field line and tried to catch a pop-up foul from Adam Dunn with it about 6 or 7 years back. The ball hit right in pocket of the hat, and then tore the brim about 2/3 of the way off. The ball rolled out, and I was heartbroken.

My other favorite is a dark green Browning (Browning Arms Co.) ball cap. I've had it for the better part of a decade, and it's broken in just perfect. Fits all the way around my head just like a glove. I don't wear it as often as I wore my old Reds hat, but it's still like an old friend to me.

I lost my favorite hat (the Browning hat) over the weekend. I took it off to scratch my head while I was pumping gas and sat it on the hood of my car. Left it there and drove off. When I went back to look for it about 10 minutes later, it was nowhere to be found. I even checked the garbage cans at the gas station. It was a sad day.

Checked my email this morning, and there's an email from reds.com that they just released their new '47 Franchise hats. Maybe its a sign for me about where to buy my new favorite hat.

Lately I've been wearing a camoflauge Bill Finke and Sons Hat (Home of the original Finkes goetta) that seems to fit me the way I like a hat to fit. Also have a tan Notre Dame hat that I wear often that I like.

I constantly wear hats. I have on a Tarheels fitted hat right now backwards.

My favorite is either an older Reds hate that was black now kinda gray or brown or

a Cal Golden Bears hate that just fits perfect. Theres nothing worse than putting on a hat

that doesnt fit right.

I love hats.

I only wore a flat bill when I was playing ball because it was easier to have my sunglasses on underneath.

The Game hats are nice as well but I only like the white ones.

I really like the feel of the flexfit, probably my favorite type of hat.

I hate any hat that is "unstructured".

My favorite hat of all time was a Navy Lexington Legends hat. It was all navy with the KY "L" logo on the front. It was one of the few new era caps that I liked because it was a "low profile".

I love hats.

I only wore a flat bill when I was playing ball because it was easier to have my sunglasses on underneath.

The Game hats are nice as well but I only like the white ones.

I really like the feel of the flexfit, probably my favorite type of hat.

I hate any hat that is "unstructured".

My favorite hat of all time was a Navy Lexington Legends hat. It was all navy with the KY "L" logo on the front. It was one of the few new era caps that I liked because it was a "low profile".

I'm pretty much the exact opposite on that. I like "slouch hats".