Your Favorite Hat

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two. One was a plain old Reds hat I got when I was like 11. Had the cloth band on the back to resize it as I got older. I wore that thing EVERYWHERE. I have zero doubt that that hat shows up in more pictures with me than any family member or friend ever did. We were inseparable. I finally had to retire it after I leaned over the rail along the left field line and tried to catch a pop-up foul from Adam Dunn with it about 6 or 7 years back. The ball hit right in pocket of the hat, and then tore the brim about 2/3 of the way off. The ball rolled out, and I was heartbroken.

My other favorite is a dark green Browning (Browning Arms Co.) ball cap. I've had it for the better part of a decade, and it's broken in just perfect. Fits all the way around my head just like a glove. I don't wear it as often as I wore my old Reds hat, but it's still like an old friend to me.

I have a fitted Red's hat which I believe was a spring training hat. It's all black with a red C. It has the perfect curve on the bill ( I can't stand flat bills) and fits great. I've had it for almost 15 years and I love the thing.

Did you use one of those bill curve "tools", or did you do it yourself?

This thread hurts me. I had a really grungy hat starting out Sophomore year of high school. Wore it until my second to last year of college and lost it on Spring Break. It was my hangover hat for sure. It hurt me returning home from Daytona Beach without it. Miss that thing.

This thread hurts me. I had a really grungy hat starting out Sophomore year of high school. Wore it until my second to last year of college and lost it on Spring Break. It was my hangover hat for sure. It hurt me returning home from Daytona Beach without it. Miss that thing.

Sorry to drudge up painful old memories...

I found a style of hat (The Game) at the state basketball tourney several years ago that had Sweet Sixteen and KHSAA on it that I liked a lot. Just liked the way it fit my head. I was able to get them for a couple of years at the tourney and then they apparently discontinued that style and went with something cheaper looking. I've looked around for something similar but so far no luck in doing so.

Growing up, it was always my baseball team hat. I wore those everywhere.

My favorite hat since is somewhere on the bottom of Green River Lake. We got stuck out on the lake in the middle of a storm, and while trying to hold down all the stuff on the pontoon, the hat flew off my head. It was a simple, navy, Notre Dame flex fit hat. It had the white sweat ring all the way around it, and a nice little stench that was always accentuated with a little rain.

Nowadays, I have my white (light brown) ND hat and my Reds 'NATI' hat with Mr. Redleg's head on the front.