If you are a Highlands fan are you rooting for CovCath...

theguru

In a crude an emotionally unstable way you've expressed how I roll. I root for 2 high schools as institutions. I do NOT root AGAINST any high school - even your Birds.

I also root for friends (ie Jeremy) to have success. Does that seem strange to you?

Are you upset because I think Jeremy's coaching skills are superior to 90% of coaches in the area?

So in a round about way you are rooting for the "Dirty Birds".....If you want Jeremy to have success then you also want the Birds to do well.......since Jeremy is their coach...lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in a round about way you are rooting for the "Dirty Birds".....If you want Jeremy to have success then you also want the Birds to do well.......since Jeremy is their coach...lol

Correct. However, as I said earlier there are two schools that I root for regardless of the coach.

Good decision on his part. If he competes in 8 out of the 9 sports he is assured of a victory. Occasionally CCH is superior in all 9. This year may be one of those.

If the athlete (or his parent) competes in 8 of 9 sports that would be true; however, if the student (or the adult) is just part of the larger Cov. Cath community would it still be true? Judging by the postings in the football forum, it seems our resident Cov. Cath fans are more than a little focused on the 1 rather than the 8 (of course I realize the 1 is in season). :D

All I can tell you is that there aren't many in the larger Highlands community, who would trade places (as far as w/l record in sports with you bluesport or you theoldguy over the past 50 years (or 20 years, or 10 years or 5 years). Of course all Highlands fans would love to have a better record against Cov. Cath in those other sports; however, most of the residents (outside of the parents and athletes of the individual sports) of birdville wouldn’t trade a few more golf or swimming or track or baseball or even basketball wins against Cov. Cath. If they had to sacrifice any of the following:

-Varsity has won 7 straight with the last loss being 6 years ago when the current seniors were in 6th grade.

-Frosh have won at least 11 straight (including twice each of the last 3 years) with the last Frosh loss being like 2003 (when current Frosh class in kindergarten so no current freshman from either team can likely ever remember a CCH frosh win against the Birds)

-Dale is now 22-6 (79%) vs CCH with 2 of those losses being in his first year.

-Highlands has outscored CCH 889 to 449 over those 26 games (an average per game score of 34-17)

-Margins of Victory. Dale has beaten CCH by more than 20 points in 12 of those 22 victories including by:

• 20 or more 5 times

• 30 or more 4 times

• 40 or more twice

• 60 or more once

-CCH has beaten Dale by more than 10 points once (very first game he coached against them -- 6-42) and only twice by more than a touchdown (i.e., highlands always in the game)

-Dale has shutout CCH (held them scoreless) in 5 of the victories and held them to 7 points 5 more times.

-CCH has never shutout Dale's birds and has held them under 10 points 4 times (3 of those where the first 3 games they played including a 3-0 win by the Birds in '95 and the 4th was a 9-0 Bird win in 2004 so Birds won 2 of the 4 games they were held under 10 points).

-Dale's birds have scored 40 or more against CCh 10 times including 4 times in the last 5 years. CCH has scored 40 or more versus Dale's birds twice (first game in '94 and again in '97 (so none in last 15 years).

(I didn't come up with any of those stats. The fact that they were so readily available is proof of what actually matters in Ft. Thomas)

So as crazy as it sounds Cov. Cath can beat the Birds in 8 of 9 sports and somehow Highlands fans are OK with that. The question would be are the Cov. Cath fans OK with the arrangement? If they are then everyone is happy and we can all just hope that (to quote an old BGP thread) HISTORY will repeat itself over and over and over. Rarely in sports is everyone happy much less bitter rivals.

For the record I want Cov. Cath to win this weekend and I always pull for Cov. Cath to win against non-nky teams. In nky, I tend to pull for people (coaches, parents, kids) that I know and like over teams (other than the birds).

If a sports fan lives in KY and works in OH he will always root for the KY team.

For those that have never heard OH sports fans talk down on the KY sports programs then you would understand why even a Highlands faithful would root for the Blueboys in this one..................................... :thumb:

I hope CovCath beats them by 50 but unless LaSalle dropped off talent wise then it could be either a similar outcome of last yrs game or a really good game. I am rooting for a BB WIN...........

If a sports fan lives in KY and works in OH he will always root for the KY team.

For those that have never heard OH sports fans talk down on the KY sports programs then you would understand why even a Highlands faithful would root for the Blueboys in this one..................................... :thumb:

I hope CovCath beats them by 50 but unless LaSalle dropped off talent wise then it could be either a similar outcome of last yrs game or a really good game. I am rooting for a BB WIN...........

I know exactly what you mean. I work with Moeller, LaSalle, Roger Bacon, and Colerain grads (among others).