Cooper 49 Covington Holy Cross 7

It was 49-0 at half. Cooper is the real deal. Good win by Coach Borchers and the Jags.

The update thread said all 49 scored in 1st quarter........OUCH!!!! Holy Cross lucky they didn't get a C-note hung on them.

Congrats to the Jags, thank the good Lord the Breds only had to scrimmage them.

The update thread said all 49 scored in 1st quarter........OUCH!!!! Holy Cross lucky they didn't get a C-note hung on them.

Looks like NewCath and the Indians look neck and neck. Cooper is putting its name in the hat for #2 in NKY.

All I can say is wow, Cooper is going to be a serious contender and the Cooper/Conner game should have a rocking house.

9.28 @ Conner.

As I've said previously most do not realize how big of a rivalry this game has turned into.

I will go ahead and say it - I may have seen the best team in N. Ky. tonight, and it wasn't Highlands. Cooper is one heck of a football team. Think Highlands in purple and you have it. Speed everywhere, including the line. Holy Cross thinks Pouncy and Beal are fast, and they are, but Cooper had so much speed on the field they had zero problems handling those two. Pouncy had one nice kickoff return and then was run down by 2 Jaguars. Spread it out and use their speed and short passing game? No problem for Cooper. Folks, Holy Cross is not this bad a team. They have talent. Cooper is so good they embarrassed them with a running clock before half time. And since I am making big statements, I will go ahead and say this - I don't see any way Conner beats Cooper.

Cooper scored 28 in the 1st quarter and 21 in the 2nd quarter. There are some mistakes in the box score and scoring summary that will be corrected by morning. Stats should be good. At least the live update worked better this week. Congratulations to Cooper. There speed and ability to change direction with cutbacks left HC defensive players flat footed and unable to secure tackles. The Indians did not give up...they were just beaten in all aspects of the game.