Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why does Highlands refuse to be part of the Crosstown Showdown?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I would be the last person and I can not believe want I am about to say, but I agree about Highlands not playing in the thing.

Playing $10.0 or $12.00 dollars to see CovCath play Campbell at Dixie,

plus giving up a home date, is just stupid.

Unless you are going to have special matchups and playing at UC or Paul Brown the Crosstown is a waste of time and money.

Hell just froze over.

Highlands is the premier team in NKY. There is no reason to believe that they wouldn't be playing at Nippert against a regional power. And it wouldn't even have to be Colerain. I already know Dale's stance on playing my Cardinals again. :scared:

 

-CardinalsFan

  • Replies 117
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this even mean? Please explain to the dumb buckeye.

 

-CardinalsFan

 

They don't have to.

  • Author
Would Highlands make less money playing in the Crosstown than the average home game?

When in the name of CAKETOWN did money become an issue for Highlands?! That is priceless, absolutely priceless.

 

Money should be the last thing on the minds of the coaching staff. How about the experience for the kids? Hope about the experience for the fans?

 

-CardinalsFan

When in the name of CAKETOWN did money become an issue for Highlands?! That is priceless, absolutely priceless.

 

Money should be the last thing on the minds of the coaching staff. How about the experience for the kids? Hope about the experience for the fans?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

Playing at Dixie is an "experience?"

I agree on that point too. I even confronted Gamble about it once in person, needless to say the battleship mouth was MIA in person.

 

interesting!!!

  • Author
Why would Highlands, or any successful team for that matter, agree to join the Tom Gamble fundraiser each year?

 

I think the Birds are spot on.

So the 42 schools that are participating this year aren't "successful"?

 

Elder

Moeller

LaSalle

St. Xavier

Colerain

Centerville

Wayne

And on, and on, and on the list goes!

 

What are you going to say next year when Trinity is involved? That they too are not a " successful" team?

 

It's Highlands either ducking the spotlight or Dale carrying out some sophmoric grudge against Gamble. Either way it is stupid and deprives thousands from seeing a great football program in action.

 

-CardinalsFan

Need help from the Highlands insiders on this one. I always suspected it but now it is confirmed. During his online chat at Cincinnati.com, Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown creator and manager Tom Gamble flat out stated that Highlands has never been a part of the largest high school football showcase in the nation AND they have never expressed interest in doing so.

 

Below is the question and answer

Comment From Mike Mike

I notice no Highlands this year....I'm not a Highlands fan so I'm not trying to enflame, just wondering if they had no interest or scheduling conflict or what?

 

Tom Gamble's Response

Actually if you look a little closer at the event history, you will never see Highlands. That is their choice not mine. I have tried to get them to play in the event on multiple occasions, but for whatever reason they choose not to be a part of the event

 

What gives?

 

It's good enough for Colerain and the entire GCL? The event has expaned to include multiple "small" schools in Ohio which would be right up Highlands alley? They don't have any Harbin points to worry about collecting? :irked:

 

It's stuff like that that rubs people the wrong way when it comes to Highlands. This is an event that they should be a part of every, single year. There is simply no good reason not to be yet, Highlands appears to be "too good" to be involved.

 

Can anyone provide some insight here?

 

Thanks,

-CardinalsFan

 

 

 

If Highlands not participating in something rubs people the wrong way then I think those people need to get a flipping life. Who the hell cares, honestly I think some people in this world just wake up every morning and say to themselves "what can I complain about today?". SMH.

When in the name of CAKETOWN did money become an issue for Highlands?! That is priceless, absolutely priceless.

 

Money should be the last thing on the minds of the coaching staff. How about the experience for the kids? Hope about the experience for the fans?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

You're kidding right? Again, another clueless and pointless post. Have you been to HHS and seen the football facilities? Wait, let's not do this. It's been beaten to death. You're right, it's not about the money. I will agree with Sweep. Because they don't have to. If Gamble can make it lucrative for HHS, wait, money again. I give up. I think I will stick with Dale on this one.

Highlands is the premier team in NKY. There is no reason to believe that they wouldn't be playing at Nippert against a regional power. And it wouldn't even have to be Colerain. I already know Dale's stance on playing my Cardinals again. :scared:

 

-CardinalsFan

 

I didn't know Colerain was a regional power. Is it the same Colerain team that has one state title in school history? Haven't heard much from Colerain since Highlands went to the platoon system. :popcorn:

When in the name of CAKETOWN did money become an issue for Highlands?! That is priceless, absolutely priceless.

 

Money should be the last thing on the minds of the coaching staff. How about the experience for the kids? Hope about the experience for the fans?

 

-CardinalsFan

 

Try reading the thread and you can easily figure out why HHS refuses to play in the Tom Gamble Fundraiser..

  • Author
Playing at Dixie is an "experience?"

who said they would play at Dixie? Are you suggesting that the site for the game isn't negotiable? I am sure that Highlands would be given a prime spot in the middle of the Saturday lineup at Nippert.

 

Unless of course you feel they aren't deserving of that praise?

 

-CardinalsFan

  • Author
Try reading the thread and you can easily figure out why HHS refuses to play in the Tom Gamble Fundraiser..

Please, explain it to me.

 

-CF

  • Author
I didn't know Colerain was a regional power. Is it the same Colerain team that has one state title in school history? Haven't heard much from Colerain since Highlands went to the platoon system. :popcorn:

I haven't seen Highlands since they went platoon system. They yrefise to play Colerain so we'll never know I guess. :idunno:

 

-CardinalsFan

Please, explain it to me.

 

-CF

 

Obviously it is over your head..

Highlands has nothing to prove by doing this. This is good for NKY up and coming programs that are looking for some exposure by playing an Ohio team (Holy Cross). Why would you play a team from KY that you could already schedule on your own and not have to split the gate with someone who has diarrhea of the mouth regarding your program? I would never miss a game of the Birds but if they played in this I would consider missing just because I don't want that man to get one red cent of my money.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.