Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 63 Highlands 31 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

So who else is on T's level?

 

Notre Dame, the whole Big East

  • Replies 110
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and Highlands did not look good to me. Trinity players were so fast - kinda like what I've seen Highlands players look like against their competition the last few years.

 

Hayes for HHS didn't seem to have much spring in his step. Seidel (sp?) looks like he's bulked up and lost some quickness. Harris was tough as usual, but it was tough going against the Rocks.

 

Anybody else think Houliston will end up at starting QB before the end of the season? He definitely throws a better ball, IMO. Kinda has happy feet back there, but that will settle down with experience.

 

Highlands defense didn't look like they would have stopped anybody tonight. Poor coverage in the secondary.

 

I really hope Trinity was really that good (they ARE great!) and that HHS will look better against competition on their own level. Yes - Trinity is on another level.

 

 

 

I would think it's difficult for anyone to know what HHS has simply based upon this game.

 

They won't see the combo of speed/size/talent/depth that they saw tonight for the rest of the year.

 

McCoy will be the starter all year IMO. I would have liked to see him throw some intermediate routes but he will connect on the long ball with this bunch of receivers against NKY teams.

 

If Seidl lost speed due to bulking up it was hard to see that on all of his long kickoff returns.

 

Houliston is a solid QB. Needs some more physical strength but looks to know how to play the position. McCoy's combo of arm and legs will be why McCoy is the starting QB.

 

I saw enough of HHS to think they're still the team to beat.

So who else is on T's level?

 

That was dripping with sarcasm, BTW...

 

Nobody in Kentucky is. A couple posters in the original thread were "offended" when someone said Trinity was on a different level than Highlands. They proved it in the first half of this game.

I would think it's difficult for anyone to know what HHS has simply based upon this game.

 

They won't see the combo of speed/size/talent/depth that they saw tonight for the rest of the year.

 

McCoy will be the starter all year IMO. I would have liked to see him throw some intermediate routes but he will connect on the long ball with this bunch of receivers against NKY teams.

 

If Seidl lost speed due to bulking up it was hard to see that on all of his long kickoff returns.

 

Houliston is a solid QB. Needs some more physical strength but looks to know how to play the position. McCoy's combo of arm and legs will be why McCoy is the starting QB.

 

I saw enough of HHS to think they're still the team to beat.

 

Clyde, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm just in panic mode - it's the first time I have ever been present for a Highlands loss in the 5 years I've been attending games.

 

Regarding Seidl - I left at the end of the third qtr and only saw one good return. The rest were all inside the 20.

  • Author
That was dripping with sarcasm, BTW...

 

Nobody in Kentucky is. A couple posters in the original thread were "offended" when someone said Trinity was on a different level than Highlands. They proved it in the first half of this game.

 

Truth.

Highlands was not a good football team tonight. A strong team with ball control, who can generate TO's may be able to keep it within 28 points of T but it will be a challenge. I know most Birds fans are dazed and confused right now but T is going to do that to almost anyone. This game was simply a mismatch. Highlands is still Highlands and will march on and make another run at state.

Clyde, I hope you're right. Maybe I'm just in panic mode - it's the first time I have ever been present for a Highlands loss in the 5 years I've been attending games.

 

Regarding Seidl - I left at the end of the third qtr and only saw one good return. The rest were all inside the 20.

 

 

He returned HHS' first kickoff to about T's 30. I know he ran one back for a TD. Pretty sure he had at least one more long one.

 

Remember, HHS got crushed last year with PT at the helm. No need to panic.

Grossly inaccurate.
Grossly. :cool:
  • Author

Remember, HHS got crushed last year with PT at the helm. No need to panic.

 

Truth.

Congrats to T. waiting for the day the tigers cross paths with them

  • Author
Congrats to T. waiting for the day the tigers cross paths with them

 

Be careful what you wish for.

Be careful what you wish for.

 

Champions aren't crowned in the pre-season.

Re: T QB Wright. Solid. Decent arm strength.

 

I say his best chance of PT in college would be NAIA. Solid athlete.

  • Author
Champions aren't crowned in the pre-season.

 

Nope. That is true.

He returned HHS' first kickoff to about T's 30. I know he ran one back for a TD. Pretty sure he had at least one more long one.

 

Remember, HHS got crushed last year with PT at the helm. No need to panic.

 

I was a few minutes late and missed the opening kickoff. Didn't see the runback - was that late in the game?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.