Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Astros Series 7/23 thru 7/25/2012

Featured Replies

According to Rosenthal, the Phillies are "eager" to trade Hunter Pence....If you're the Reds, would you kick the tires on him, or are you satisfied with Ludwick?

 

Nope he can't play CF and he's not a lead off hitter...Those are the 2 things that the Reds need to improve...Ryan Ludwick has almost the same production in 140 less AB's...

 

Not to mention the $10 million salary plus being on the hook for even more than that in arbitration next year.

  • Replies 461
  • Views 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested in adding Pence but a few things would have to happen:

 

1. Ludwick or Bruce would have to be able to play CF on an everyday basis.

 

2. The trade would have to be reasonable or the Phils would have to throw in a significant amount of money.

 

For those reasons, it's unlikely to happen. But I'd kick the tires because Pence would help the lineup.

No. This team does not need him...Can Justin Upton play CF? I say only trade for a need!

No. This team does not need him...Can Justin Upton play CF? I say only trade for a need!

 

Doesn't sound like Upton is going to get traded...

Nope he can't play CF and he's not a lead off hitter...Those are the 2 things that the Reds need to improve...Ryan Ludwick has almost the same production in 140 less AB's...

 

I don't see a reason to add another OF if he isn't a lead off hitter.

I don't see a reason to add another OF if he isn't a lead off hitter.

 

Phillips is capable of leading off. If you can add Pence for the right price, I don't mind pulling the trigger. It's a long shot and it doesn't address the obvious need, but I think it would improve the ballclub & that's what matters most to me.

 

With that said...not gonna happen.

There's no way I would go after Pence with what he has remaining to be paid.

I don't see a reason to add another OF if he isn't a lead off hitter.

 

I agree.

  • Author

Cubs take a 3-1 lead over the Pirates in the 5th.

  • Author
Cubs take a 3-1 lead over the Pirates in the 5th.

 

Soriano HR makes it 5-1.

  • Author
Wandy Rodriguez to the Pirates?

 

I read a tweet, but that's it. What have you heard?

Leake is gonna have to go yard to get this win.

  • Author
Leake is gonna have to go yard to get this win.

 

Bruce goes yard next AB.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.