Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

I have been buried on a road work trip and have missed the last couple of games. I dial back into BGP and ...

 

[video=youtube;_AOeSrLCD-U]

 

If the Reds drop into 3rd it might get really ugly. :D

  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bray is supposed to be the lefty specialist to get one or two batters out and maybe go an inning.
Not sure if Bray is totally healthy. If he is, he's currently the base on balls specialist.
Bray would have had to face the first batter.

 

Why? If Black goes righty there you bring Big O in to face the righty. You force him to make the next move. You can lose Bray with not facing a batter but not Marshall imo.

My reputation? HUH?

 

You should know by now that I'm not a bit shy, I don't candy coat anything,and when I'm referring to a particular player that I won't beat around the bush. If I'm talking strickly about Bruce, believe me, you will know it. Nuff said, do you and everyone understand? :cool:

 

I hope the Reds can start hitting,or it's going to be a long second half of the season.

 

 

Yes, your reputation of dogging Bruce with your post.

Why? If Black goes righty there you bring Big O in to face the righty. You force him to make the next move. You can lose Bray with not facing a batter but not Marshall imo.

 

 

When you bring a pitcher in he has to face one batter. You can't just keep switching pitchers.

Game thoughts:

 

The 1st inning was HUGE. Volquez was in major trouble, and dumb baserunning bailed him out, very well could have been the difference in the game.

 

Latos pitched very well, I truly hope this continues, 3 in a row he has been fantastic.

 

The bullpen did a poor job, no doubt, but I place the blame on the offense here.

 

Phillips, what was he doing? Good grief, that was crazy, 2 in a game.

Re:LeCure. Not sure what the reason was for him vs Chapman but LeCure does have a high K ration. 8.49/9 innings. 48% groundball ratio as well.

 

I know noone will believe I say this but in Dusty's defense he was hoping for a groudball dp right there. Lecure did the same thing I believe last year and got out of it.

When you bring a pitcher in he has to face one batter. You can't just keep switching pitchers.

 

Bray has a little different approach to righties so I don't think it would have been so bad if he had to pitch to one even if he walked him.

Bray has a little different approach to righties so I don't think it would have been so bad if he had to pitch to one even if he walked him.

 

 

So far that has been his approach this season. :lol:

Arredondo has been that guy. I believe his numbers are actually better versus lefties.

 

Jospeh is another lefty though thats why I said he should replace Bray...Bray is either still hurt or has no confidence in his stuff, which is pretty average at best anyways...IMO Bray gets people out with his deception with that herky jerky delivery, its not fooling guys anymore and he cant through strikes

...and it's not Bruce. It's the 1 and 2 hole.

 

Pretty simple. I've provided many stats to back this up. That is the bottom line with this offense. Votto would have 60 RBI if they had decent hitters at 1 and 2.

 

 

I didn't have a problem with Marshall coming in but I had a huge problem with the way he used Big O and the brought in LeCure.

Dodgers' Gordon will have surgery on the thumb he injured sliding into third.

Cozart 6

Stubbs 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Ludwick 7

Frazier 5

Hanigan 2

Arroyo RHP

Stubbs back in the lineup and batting 2nd. 0 for 28 and holding. It would be great to see Drew bust out tonight.

I'm tired of this losing. I'm breaking the streak for us tonight, calling it now. Reds offense breaks out, wins the game 8-3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.