Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

I tried to post this in the previous thread but it was closed. Boy do I miss the old "Track the Reds" megathreads. Now I know BGP is in the Eastern Time Zone.

 

Regarding Billy Hamilton's defense:

Needs work.

 

That's what I recalled.

 

As a shortstop, correct? Any idea if he'll move to outfield?

 

Hamilton at short, Cozart at 3rd, Frazier/Ludwick in LF.

  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same amount of errors BP had around his age but needs a lot of work still. Some think a move to the OF will happen.

I agree with leadoff but I still think the starting pitching is fine and more consistent to the offense...Im not willing to empty the farm for both so I would take a leadoff hitter that preferably bats left handed or switch :D if I had a choice...3rd base and LF arent the black hole that they once were as long as Rolen stays out, that leaves CF for the biggest need if improvement imo...A CF that can leadoff would allow the other pieces to shift in the batting order and would greatly improve the team...

 

Id love to be able to include Stubbs in a trade for a CFer and as much as I like Hanigan I think he could also have value without trading much youth...The Reds could bring up the switch hitting Navarro and his. 340 AVG and plug Mes in there everyday which he needs imo to keep developing, he has proven ge can handle the staff now...This would be a pretty good everyday lineup...

 

New Leadoff Hitter (hopefully a .340+ OBP guy)

BP

Votto

Frazier

Bruce

Ludwick

Cozart

Mes

Pitcher

If Hamilton could play CF right now I would be all for it...His defense at SS is pretty bad but he has more range there than anyone else in the game which is why the Reds havent moved him yet and probably wont for quite sometime...He will get to balls that no one else will and he will also boot the routine balls and rush errant throws to first...I think he could adjust fairly quick to CF and after a couple months there if they move him could be more than adequate...

 

Right now if he was in the bigs he could probably produce close to the level that Dee Gordon has...

Right now if he was in the bigs he could probably produce close to the level that Dee Gordon has...

 

 

Dee Gordon sucks. He can run, that's it.

Dee Gordon sucks. He can run, that's it.

 

Never said he was good but he also got a taste of AA and AAA before going to LA...Hamilton is a much better prospect, a better base stealer, better athlete and has better plate discipline...

 

Without ever seeing what Billy does against AA pitching though it would be hard to say he would be any better than Gordon at the Big League level right now...Long term Billy is a much better prospect and if he could hit .300 and continue his SB success rate at AA for a month I would be willing to say that he could help the Reds more so than what Gordon has LA and more than Stubbs has the Reds...The problem is he hasnt played CF yet...One month of similar success at AA as he has had in A+ and I would be more confident in saying he could probably give the Reds a .250 AVG and a .320 OBP but right now all I can see is Gordon type numbers which arent exactly an upgrade...

Welsh said that someone told him Hamilton can be a Gold Glove CFer.

Cueto last two outings:

 

6 IP 2 ER

7 IP 3 ER

 

2 Ls

8 games in a row with no RBI by Votto.

8 games in a row with no RBI by Votto.

 

 

Are you counting the games he didn't play?

Are you counting the games he didn't play?

 

Uh, no.

 

He has RBIs in 4 of his last 20 games.

I agree with leadoff but I still think the starting pitching is fine and more consistent to the offense...Im not willing to empty the farm for both so I would take a leadoff hitter that preferably bats left handed or switch :D if I had a choice...3rd base and LF arent the black hole that they once were as long as Rolen stays out, that leaves CF for the biggest need if improvement imo...A CF that can leadoff would allow the other pieces to shift in the batting order and would greatly improve the team...

 

Id love to be able to include Stubbs in a trade for a CFer and as much as I like Hanigan I think he could also have value without trading much youth...The Reds could bring up the switch hitting Navarro and his. 340 AVG and plug Mes in there everyday which he needs imo to keep developing, he has proven ge can handle the staff now...This would be a pretty good everyday lineup...

 

New Leadoff Hitter (hopefully a .340+ OBP guy)

BP

Votto

Frazier

Bruce

Ludwick

Cozart

Mes

Pitcher

 

I like it.

Anybody know if Jocketty had a reason to be on the west coast other than take in a few games?

Anybody know if Jocketty had a reason to be on the west coast other than take in a few games?

 

He travels with the team the majority of the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.