Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

Over/Under at 1.5 HRs for the Reds this series....I'm going Under.

 

Over, Bruce will get it done.

  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been a big Stubbs fan since he got here but it's getting more and more apparent he won't ever figure it out. Time to move to plan B at CF soon (Probably not this year even).

 

:thumb:

What's MM?

 

 

Mental Midget

It's becoming comical, your hatred for Bruce that is.

 

Please stop. :lol:

Where in any of my posts did I say that I hated Bruce? I said that IN MY OPINION he is getting more hype than he deserves. I did the research and posted the numbers, averages with runners on, bases loaded etc. ect.People didn't like what I posted but those were the facts. Do I really need to post those those miserable numbers again?

 

I saw where you posted about Drew Stubbs batting second, do you hate him? With all the negative stuff you said about Stubbs,can we assume you hate him or your just dissatisfied with his play.

 

I have seen other posters saying so and so sucks, do they hate these players as well? :cool:

Cozart 6

Valdez 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Frazier 5

Heisey 7

Hanigan 2

Latos 1

Please stop. :lol:

Where in any of my posts did I say that I hated Bruce? I said that IN MY OPINION he is getting more hype than he deserves. I did the research and posted the numbers, averages with runners on, bases loaded etc. ect.People didn't like what I posted but those were the facts. Do I really need to post those those miserable numbers again?

 

I saw where you posted about Drew Stubbs batting second, do you hate him? With all the negative stuff you said about Stubbs,can we assume you hate him or your just dissatisfied with his play.

 

I have seen other posters saying so and so sucks, do they hate these players as well? :cool:

 

I can't stand Drew Stubbs as a player, I cheer for him as a Reds fan, but I don't post regularly on my dislike for him, only occasionally.

 

I'll be honest, this post is the one that got me to really start to notice how often you posted negatively in regards to Bruce.

"Hanigan and Frazier are better hitters than Bruce and Phillips."

 

You stated that, I'm not good enough on here to quote you from another thread, I'm not that advanced, but it came from this one http://bluegrasspreps.com/major-league-baseball/new-reds-line-236345.html

Cozart 6

Valdez 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Frazier 5

Heisey 7

Hanigan 2

Latos 1

 

Very interesting that Valdez is in CF and not Heisey.

Very interesting that Valdez is in CF and not Heisey.

 

How fast is Valdez? Can he cover all that ground in PETCO?

Cozart 6

Valdez 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Frazier 5

Heisey 7

Hanigan 2

Latos 1

 

I guess only time will tell if the spider monkey in the 2 hole tonight is any better than Stubbs. Dusty has his mind made up on the rest of the order and apparently will not deviate. Still short a man I guess with Rolen out? Why couldn't they have put him on the 7 day DL?

I guess only time will tell if the spider monkey in the 2 hole tonight is any better than Stubbs. Dusty has his mind made up on the rest of the order and apparently will not deviate. Still short a man I guess with Rolen out? Why couldn't they have put him on the 7 day DL?

 

I'm pretty sure that is for concussion injuries only.

I'm pretty sure that is for concussion injuries only.

 

Yes it is. I hope they put him on the 365 day DL.

Yes it is. I hope they put him on the 365 day DL.

 

Amen!!

I agree but I don't think that is going to happen. Some expect him to get promoted this coming week so we will see where he starts playing.

 

Unless Lamarre is moving up to AAA Hamilton will be at SS...The Reds like Lamarre and Hamiltons teammate in Bakersfield is making a name for himself as a CF in the organization as well...

I know he is, but he shouldn't be IMO. In order to get talent, you've got to give up solid, top prospects, and I think Cigrani has more upside.

 

The Reds have Hamilton, Corcino, Cingrani as Tier 1 guys if you will in the system, these guys should be and need to be untouchable...After that you have guys like Gregorius, Lamarre, Lutz, Soto, Greene, Rodriguez, Lotzkar, Joseph as Tier 2 guys and these are the guys that should be considered in a trade hopefully...The Reds have some guys from Last Years draft and this Years draft that aren't going to be traded that have lots of potential and that can help restock the system a little bit should the Reds make a trade...

 

Hamilton, Cingrani and Corcino are absolutely untouchable in my mind...The fact that the Reds have a lot of payroll tied up in Votto and Phillips is more reason not to trade either one of your 2 Top pitching prospects in Cingrani and Corcino...The Reds have very nice guys in that Tier 2 category that I listed above along with Stubbs who are all trade able IMO and should be able to fetch a CF/Lead-off upgrade with out touching the untouchables...

Hmmm ...

 

A little comparison between Hamilton and Gordon:

 

Gordon, age 21, Midwest League ... .301-3-35 in 538 AB, .362 OBP, .394 SLP, .756 OPS, 73 SB, 25 CS

 

Hamilton, age 20, Midwest League ... .278-3-50 in 550 AB, .340 OBP, .360 SLP, .700 OPS, 103 SB, 20 CS

 

Gordon was a little better, overall, just in terms of raw stats, but a year older negates much (if not all) of that. California League stats are no comparison because Gordon skipped that level to play the next season at Double-A.

 

In addition to age you also have to factor in that during High School Hamilton was First Team all state in Football and was considering playing at Miss St...I believe he was All State in football, basketball, baseball, and track...He was legit in all four sports and thus never had time to focus on one sport...Also until being drafted by the Reds he was a pure Right Handed hitter and had never switch hit in his life, The Reds wanted him to learn to do it to increase his value...Hamilton struggled with adjusting to Switch Hitting during his time in Dayton which is where the numbers you posted come from...At one time Hamilton really wanted to scrap the idea but he stuck with it and by the end of last year he had improved greatly...Hamilton is now pretty good from the left side even though you can tell his swing isn't as pure as it his from his natural right side and he has greatly improved his plate discipline...I'd say given the differences in age that you mentioned above along with everything I just said he was pretty successful in Low A at Dayton...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.