Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Padres Series 7/5 thru 7/8/2012

Featured Replies

Hopefully the majority are on the road. The Pirates are 4 games under .500 on the road.

 

10/19 on the road.

  • Replies 450
  • Views 46.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately that doesn't help a lot when you're hitting 8th, and are followed by 9, 1, 2

 

Correct. He may be a 2-hole candidate simply because he can get on base.

Wrong!!

 

I'm talking about everyone not named Votto! Don't read things into my posts that aren't there.

 

Hammer, you know how I feel about Bruce, but not all of my posts are about Bruce.

 

Bruce's RBI's come from Votto and Phillips getting on base, that's a fact. He also leads the team in strikeouts. :D

 

Reds need to start hitting the ball, period.

 

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! I've heard this somewhere before. :thumb:

 

...and it's not Bruce. It's the 1 and 2 hole.

 

Where in my most recent post did I mention Bruce? Read the bolded!! My posts aren't always about Bruce , geeeesh!!

Where in my most recent post did I mention Bruce? Read the bolded!! My posts aren't always about Bruce , geeeesh!!

 

Just clarifying my point.

1. Once again, not a team player.

 

2. Marshall has been solid. Wasn't a dumb move brining him into the game.

3. Dumsty and smart in the same sentence. Really?

 

4. If I wanna act like I know everything about you, I will.

 

I have one question here, was Bill Bray unavailable? I know he threw 16 pitches the night before and he would have imo been the right guy to bring in that situation and he could have forced Bud Black to make a decision. If he went with the righty Dusty could have then brought Big O on and only lost Bray. I know that after the fact Big O sucked but at least he would have had to face the righty if Black went in that direction then Marshall would have been available to face Grandal and Alonso or turn Grandal around. I just thought that Marshall was NOT the right choice if Bray was available.

Where in my most recent post did I mention Bruce? Read the bolded!! My posts aren't always about Bruce , geeeesh!!

 

 

Sometimes your reputation makes people jump to conclusions. When food goes missing in my house, who do you think is the first person accused of eating the missing food? :D

I have one question here, was Bill Bray unavailable? I know he threw 16 pitches the night before and he would have imo been the right guy to bring in that situation and he could have forced Bud Black to make a decision. If he went with the righty Dusty could have then brought Big O on and only lost Bray. I know that after the fact Big O sucked but at least he would have had to face the righty if Black went in that direction then Marshall would have been available to face Grandal and Alonso or turn Grandal around. I just thought that Marshall was NOT the right choice if Bray was available.

 

 

Bray would have had to face the first batter.

So you're going to keep running Latos out there no matter the pitch count?

 

Running Latos out there in San Diego weather is not running him out there in the heat that we are experiencing, He is a big strong young guy that can handle it with the break coming up. Unless he said he was done it was probably a big mistake.

Re:LeCure. Not sure what the reason was for him vs Chapman but LeCure does have a high K ration. 8.49/9 innings. 48% groundball ratio as well.

I only have one issue with Dumsty last night that really bugs me. You have Heisey at 3rd, Hannigan at the plate with one out, Latos on deck. Why not squeeze there? Hannigan handles the bat well enough to do that. Negates the change because it's easy to bunt off speed stuff. Your team is not at home in the friendly confines of Great American Crackerbox. You haven't exactly been an offensive juggernaut since you've stepped off the plane on this trip. Take what they give you run by run. Reds can't continue to have bonehead baserunning gaffes and not execute the little things offensively and stay in this race. I don't care how many quality starts they have.

 

You are right there were way too many bone head plays last night and this would have been the perfect spot. Dusty has squeezed with Hanigan several times in the past and he does handle the bat well. Dusty just doesn't seem to be able to make that quick call to try it.

At that point in the season, it was absolutely true. And he specifically said Marshall. But that's not my point, he is a lefty specialist. I'm not sure now long Dumsty will take to determine that. Marshall has a nasty breaking pitch that is a nightmare for left handed hitters. As cruddy as Bray and Marshall have been lately, not counting Chapman, what wronghanded options do the REds have?

 

 

Bray is supposed to be the lefty specialist to get one or two batters out and maybe go an inning.

With as bad as Bray has been the Reds should consider bringing up Donnie Joseph from AAA if they want to have a lefty if not bring back Hoover...Bray and Marshall are both situational guys, Joseph is a guy that can get righties and lefties out...

 

Arredondo has been that guy. I believe his numbers are actually better versus lefties.

Arredondo has been that guy. I believe his numbers are actually better versus lefties.

 

 

vs RH .234

vs LH .103

Sometimes your reputation makes people jump to conclusions. When food goes missing in my house, who do you think is the first person accused of eating the missing food? :D

 

My reputation? HUH?

 

You should know by now that I'm not a bit shy, I don't candy coat anything,and when I'm referring to a particular player that I won't beat around the bush. If I'm talking strickly about Bruce, believe me, you will know it. Nuff said, do you and everyone understand? :cool:

 

I hope the Reds can start hitting,or it's going to be a long second half of the season.

...and it's not Bruce. It's the 1 and 2 hole.

 

The 1 and 2 hole makes everything go in the lineup.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.