May 4, 201214 yr "“There is a whole community out there of parents and kids who are struggling with ‘My son really doesn’t want to wear boy clothes, prefers to wear girl clothes.’ ” She hopes one audience for her book will be people who study gender clinically. The fashion world may have divided children into pink and blue, but in the world of real individuals, not all is black and white." I'll add the link later.....
May 4, 201214 yr Who is this? I THINK Watusi knows, so hush, lol This notion of boys and girls should dress a certain way is somewhat of a new deal, really.
May 4, 201214 yr Ok, thats fine, you are entitled, But when you say its a "Wonderful book" and "The Bible is wrong", kinda confuses me. I guess you are a believer, I think... Here is a verse for you...2nd Timothy 3:16:18 I think 2nd Timothy overall is a very interesting part of scripture when it comes to several topics.....
May 4, 201214 yr Author I think now is as good a time as any for formerkywrestler to bring back up that beautiful post regarding Leviticus... This one? 1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians? 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? 3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness -Lev15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense. 4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord -Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them? 5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it? 6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexual ity. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination? 7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here? 8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die? 9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves? 10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/po lyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
May 4, 201214 yr Author Ok, thats fine, you are entitled, But when you say its a "Wonderful book" and "The Bible is wrong", kinda confuses me. I guess you are a believer, I think... Here is a verse for you...2nd Timothy 3:16:18 What does it say?
May 4, 201214 yr What does it say? "All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice..." My question then, to those who would reproach me with this verse, is the following: what is the definition of "scripture?"
May 4, 201214 yr Pink used to be a boys color. Which is what is so funny about it all. Society has arbitrarily decided these things, yet we defend them as though they are innate.
May 4, 201214 yr Which is what is so funny about it all. Society has arbitrarily decided these things, yet we defend them as though they are innate.As well as clothing manufactures to make more money.
May 4, 201214 yr Where does everyone stand on boys wearing yellow? and... Why do girls get to wear every color but boys don't? Not fair.
May 4, 201214 yr Where does everyone stand on boys wearing yellow? and... Why do girls get to wear every color but boys don't? Not fair. I wear yellow too, as do many of my colleagues.
May 4, 201214 yr What about long hair and dresses? Well if the boy is wearing a dress, that may be a transgender problem. long hair, well pirates had long hair as did a lot of people in the old ancient days. But I am about sure pirates didnt wear pink.
May 4, 201214 yr "All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice..." My question then, to those who would reproach me with this verse, is the following: what is the definition of "scripture?" At first glance, I was going to say The Old Testament, since the New Testament had not yet been made complete at the time 2 Timothy 3 was written. But then I read 2 Peter 3:16 & Peter includes Paul's writings as "Scripture."
May 4, 201214 yr Well if the boy is wearing a dress, that may be a transgender problem. long hair, well pirates had long hair as did a lot of people in the old ancient days. But I am about sure pirates didnt wear pink. Fair enough. So long hair is OK, but not dresses. Just to be clear, what would you label as a dress? Pirates also wore earrings and necklasses. Is that OK for boys?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.