Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Thug a racial term?

Featured Replies

You never heard of Huggs Thugs? And you're in NKY? Really?

 

I'm in NKY and I have really never heard of Huggs Thugs - and I mean that absolutely sincerely. Care to explain?

  • Replies 116
  • Views 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chip's conversation is pertaining to the constant labeling of black athletes as thugs. Not actual thugs.
Well...since the race merchants LOVE to use percentage statistics, you could argue that due to the overwhelming majority of college and pro basketball/football players are black that it would make sense that most of the "thug" labels are used, unfairly or not, mostly to describe black athletes that are "turds"?
I'm in NKY and I have really never heard of Huggs Thugs - and I mean that absolutely sincerely. Care to explain?

 

You never heard of Huggs Thugs? And you're in NKY? Really?

 

He doesn't play in Godot's football league!

  • Author
I'm in NKY and I have really never heard of Huggs Thugs - and I mean that absolutely sincerely. Care to explain?

 

Drug busts, horses being punched, room mates being burnt with hot hangers? They used to headline the Cincy Enquirer all the time before the Bengals decided to take over the crimial spotlight.

Drug busts, horses being punched, room mates being burnt with hot hangers? They used to headline the Cincy Enquirer all the time before the Bengals decided to take over the criminal spotlight.

 

I've been enlightened, hahaha. Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed I didn't figure that one out right off. But very seriously, I'd never heard of "Huggs Thugs" before.

You never heard of Huggs Thugs? And you're in NKY? Really?
As I said earlier, many refer to Bob as Thuggins. It's all just silly rivalry stuff IMO, nothing more.
I don't think it is a "problem." All I'm saying is that there is a racial undercurrent to the term.
For who?

I'm sitting getting buzzed, looking for some luv

from the homies, cuz shorty wanna be a Thug

 

Love that song and it has been in my head ever since this thread started. One of the best workout songs. Ever. Sorry, proceed.

I'm in NKY and I have really never heard of Huggs Thugs - and I mean that absolutely sincerely. Care to explain?

 

It was explained on page 1 of this thread. It was the term given the black players at The University of Cincinnati that played under Bob Huggins.

Well...since the race merchants LOVE to use percentage statistics, you could argue that due to the overwhelming majority of college and pro basketball/football players are black that it would make sense that most of the "thug" labels are used, unfairly or not, mostly to describe black athletes that are "turds"?

 

Right. The point is that the word thug is being thrown out unfairly to those black athletes that act like turds.

I don't think it is a "problem." All I'm saying is that there is a racial undercurrent to the term.

 

 

Well heck fire; I learned something about myself today. I use the term thugs so I must be a racist.

 

Hogwash!

Right. The point is that the word thug is being thrown out unfairly to those black athletes that act like turds.

 

Problem is 92, if folks start calling them turds, the word turds will be called a racial term in a short while.

 

How about people quit acting like thugs so people won't call them thugs and we don't have to worry whether its a racial term or not. Seems like the behavior should be the issue; not the label given to the behavior.

Smh....yeah...racial relations will never be satisfactory. I've lost hope on a society where everyone truly gets along. It's obvious that it isn't possible. Carry on wih your racially insensitive selves. I'll never discuss race on here again. I thought most of you were smart enough to have a productive conversation about it. Forget it.

Well heck fire; I learned something about myself today. I use the term thugs so I must be a racist.

 

Hogwash!

 

Counselor, I would suggest you read that words I posted. I didn't say that a person who says "thug" is "racist."

 

I said the term has a racial undercurrent ie it's associated more with blacks than whites.

 

I do NOT believe that people that say "thug" in reference to any black male is racist.

This American of German heritage 64 year old father of three , grandfather of soon to be 4 , Lector and Extraordinary minister of the Eucharist in the Catholic Church , former soccer coach and Referee has been called a Thug on this board by an ignorant poster because I happen to belong to a labor union .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.