Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DEA, FBI raid Florence doctor's office

Featured Replies

^ Those are some pretty serious prescriptions for a very wide range of conditions.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
^ Those are some pretty serious prescriptions for a very wide range of conditions.

 

I agree, there is also another doctor involved but a sharpie was used to black out his name so the news doesn't want us to see the whole story, just the story they want to tell.

It's about time. I've worked in a pharmacy for years. Not uncommon for someone to have a strong pain medicine. What I thought was uncommon was that WHOLE FAMILIES were on strong pain meds. They also would call before coming and ask what BRAND of certain drugs we had this week/month, because only certain brands of the generics would 'work' for them. I think in actuality, their CUSTOMERS preferred certain brands/colors/shapes of the pills to assure they were authentic.

  • Author

Welcome aboard Complaint Dept!!!

 

Since you are in the biz, I heard "story after story" of various generic drugs not being the same as their brand-name counter-parts. Do you have an opinion on that? And after your opinion what are the FDA "facts" on that?

Not sure if any one does or has watched CN2 in NKY(not sure where all you can get it throughout the state) but they've actually covered this issue several times and the state congress has had several hearings regarding this issue. Seems like they're trying to address it but it's certainly going to take some time.

I just don't understand how people can abuse pills or illegal drugs for that matter(not marijuana). I'm middle or high school when they said you could die the very first time I believed it and even if you don't it seems like a lot of people are dying eventually and that's more than enough to turn me off or something like that. I've seen some really upstanding people get addicted to pills and it's just sad, I don't even like to take advil.

I just don't understand how people can abuse pills or illegal drugs for that matter(not marijuana). I'm middle or high school when they said you could die the very first time I believed it and even if you don't it seems like a lot of people are dying eventually and that's more than enough to turn me off or something like that. I've seen some really upstanding people get addicted to pills and it's just sad, I don't even like to take advil.

 

The propaganda that is the DARE program is part of the problem, in my opinion. The kids need to be taught that not all drugs are created equal and some are much more serious (i.e fatal) than others. Instead, they're generically told "Just say no", as if that will solve all of their problems/temptations/peer pressures.

 

The propaganda that is the DARE program is part of the problem, in my opinion. The kids need to be taught that not all drugs are created equal and some are much more serious (i.e fatal) than others. Instead, they're generically told "Just say no", as if that will solve all of their problems/temptations/peer pressures.

 

So you'd rather they suggest weaker drugs to kids instead of telling them to stay away from all of them? :lol:

So you'd rather they suggest weaker drugs to kids instead of telling them to stay away from all of them? :lol:

 

Is that really what you got out of my post?

It's about time. I've worked in a pharmacy for years. Not uncommon for someone to have a strong pain medicine. What I thought was uncommon was that WHOLE FAMILIES were on strong pain meds. They also would call before coming and ask what BRAND of certain drugs we had this week/month, because only certain brands of the generics would 'work' for them. I think in actuality, their CUSTOMERS preferred certain brands/colors/shapes of the pills to assure they were authentic.

 

Welcome to BGP! Love the username! :thumb:

There is actually some idiot patient of his of 10 years (sho she says) who is going off on everyone on the WCPO website comment section on the story. I guess she is ticked she has to find a new pill doctor.

Is this really just now hitting NoKy? Goodness, I recall seeing places with packed-full waiting rooms in Pikeville at 10 p.m. and later almost 10 years ago.

I wonder if they'll be running Casper reports on the patients in an attempt to get them for Dr. Shopping? Florida has a HUGE problem with these places. The biggest problem is allowing the Drs. Office, to fill scripts in the same building as the "exams".

 

It's mind blowing when you see people with a duffle bag full of scripts all written to one person. I blame the government for basically getting in bed with these pharmaceutical companies. There are natural options that are PROVEN to help people but they are banned. These pharmaceutical companies are steadily cramming there drugs to the Drs. and in my opinion are paying the Drs. Or at least bribing them with trips, etc.

 

Disgusting..

 

Good post, and I basically agree with you. I'll only add if the bolded is true, you know Drs., aren't the only ones getting kick backs. I'd say the line starts at Capital Hill and rolls downhill. These are big, powerful companies, dealing with a LOT of money.

True story. There used to be a doctor in NKY that would do the same thing, gave out pills for cash and other services and all that. Well right before the dude got busted he sold his house to my parents about 15-ish years ago. Real nice house and neighborhood and all. Anyways, I remember that my brother and I weren't supposed to answer the door for a couple of years after we moved in because trashy, nasty looking women kept showing up at our house looking for doc. No shocker, but apparently the dude is bankrupt and divorced now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.