DEA, FBI raid Florence doctor's office

theguru

FLORENCE — Federal authorities conducted an investigation at a doctor's office Tuesday.

DEA agents and FBI agents were at Dr. Gary Shearer’s office in the Florence Medical Building on Turfway Road in Florence.

Shearer, 67, is the co-owner of NKY MED LLC which has been trying for two years to open a methadone clinic in Covington.

Florence Police officers turned away numerous patients who came to the office hoping to see Shearer while FBI agents carted out boxes filled with file folders and loaded them into a U-Haul truck.

DEA, FBI raid Florence doctor's office | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy in Bellevue KY a while back Dr. Mohammed and I think he had an office in Falmouth as well but he would see 40 patients an hour for 8 hours a day. The cars would line up and there would be plates from West Virginia, OH, Tennessee, etc I talked to a girl that worked there and she said he only took cash and charged $40 a visit. So lets see.....$1600 an hour....just to fraudulently write scripts. NICE....needless to say he was busted and his license was suspended but I think he is back practicing.

There was a raid down in Dry Ridge last year I believe on a doctor that had moved in there. Same thing...people from Georgia and even Florida making the trip to see him. The neighbors got upset due to the number of people that kept coming over for gas money, saying they had just given the doc the last of their cash.

Talked to some sheriff's deputies afterwards who were briefed on the situation after the raid. Said the Feds told them that there was little to no chance of getting him on prescription fraud...that pain (or the lackthereof) is almost impossible to prove (or disprove) in court. BUT, they said ALL of his paperwork and receipts had better match up with his books...and he better have paid taxes on every single dime. They said shutting these types of guys down is usually done with convictions of tax fraud.

There was a raid down in Dry Ridge last year I believe on a doctor that had moved in there. Same thing...people from Georgia and even Florida making the trip to see him. The neighbors got upset due to the number of people that kept coming over for gas money, saying they had just given the doc the last of their cash.

The Dr. from Dry Ridge was Dr. El-Amin. Dr. El-Amin spent a few weeks practicing at Dr. Shearer's office in Florence.

Are you serious CC?

From 2011:

NKY Doctor's Office Raided In Drug Investigation - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

There was a guy in Bellevue KY a while back Dr. Mohammed and I think he had an office in Falmouth as well but he would see 40 patients an hour for 8 hours a day. The cars would line up and there would be plates from West Virginia, OH, Tennessee, etc I talked to a girl that worked there and she said he only took cash and charged $40 a visit. So lets see.....$1600 an hour....just to fraudulently write scripts. NICE....needless to say he was busted and his license was suspended but I think he is back practicing.

He was a JOKE, Quack from the word go. I remember taking my Grandmother in there one time and giving the whole place the "once-over", I could sense something was not right.