Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 5 starters are leaving for the NBA

Featured Replies

To add to Charlie Wyatt's great post, it looks like Brandon Knight scored a career high with 28 points last night.

 

Not the first player to set a high-water mark while playing the Cavs this year. He had a breakaway dunk at the end of the third quarter to push the score to 100-50.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I saw the studio guys were fair in what they said. Going to be tough to stay ontop with everyone gone...

 

Dino Gaudio said something along the lines of, "it would be a miracle for them to make the Sweet 16." You think that is fair?

Brandon Knight last four games....

 

28 points, 7 assists

13 points, 7 assists

25 points, 8 assists

21 points, 7 assists

Dino Gaudio said something along the lines of, "it would be a miracle for them to make the Sweet 16." You think that is fair?

 

That's a little overboard, but not out of bounds considering they had just lost all 5 starters...

John Wall - Drafted #1 in 2010 --- Avg 16.5 pts, 7.7 asts & 4.5 rbs per game this season for the Wizards. Had 38 points vs the Rockets earlier this season. Top 10 in APG, minutes played, made FT's, FT attempts, assists but is unfortunately #1 in total turnovers this season.

 

Demarcus Cousins - Drafted #5 in 2010 --- Avg 17.6 pts & 11 rbs per game this season with the Kings (#1 in offensive rbs per game this season & scored 38 pts & 41 in a couple different games this season also.)

 

Patrick Patterson - Drafted #14 in 2010 --- Avg 7.5 pts & 4.3 rbs in 22.7 minutes per game this season with the Rockets.

 

Eric Bledsoe - Drafted #18 in 2010 --- Avg 3.3 pts & 1.5 asts coming off the bench with the Clippers this season. He's trying to "get stuff right".

 

Daniel Orton - Drafted #29 in 2010 --- Avg 2.1 pts & 1.8 rbs in an avg of 8.8 minutes with the Magic this season. Had 11 points, 4 rbs, 5 steals & 3 blocks in 29 minutes of action 2 days ago vs the Cavs.

 

Enes Kanter - Drafted #3 in 2011 --- Avg 4.3 pts & 4.2 rbs per game this season in an avg of 13 minutes per game with the Jazz

 

Brandon Knight - Drafted #8 in 2011 --- Avg 12.8 pts & 3.8 asts in a starting role for the Pistons. Had a career high 28 points last night vs the Cavs.

 

Josh Harrellson - Drafted #45 in 2011 --- Avg 4.3 pts & 3.8 rbs this season for the Knicks. Started 3 games this season. Scored a career high 14 pts & added a career high 12 rbs against the Kings on New Years Eve.

 

DeAndre Liggins - Drafted #53 in 2011 --- Avg 1.7 pts this season for the Magic in 5.7 minutes per game.

 

Thanks for the info.

Dino Gaudio said something along the lines of, "it would be a miracle for them to make the Sweet 16." You think that is fair?

 

I believe that he also said that if they make the Sweet 16, Cal should win national coach of the year. I know they lost a lot, but the Sweet 16 doesn't seem to be an unrealistic goal.

Given the recent success of Cal's past three teams, all heavily weighted with freshmen, yes it seems like a stretch to say they will struggle to make the sweet sixteen.

^It ended well, but they spent darn near all season learning how to win a road game. Going into the NCAA tournament that team was thought of as a Sweet Sixteen team and they exceeded expectations. I look for next season's team to be much more comparable to 2010-2011 than this year or the 2009-2010 teams.

 

To many people got caught up in that teams road woes that year. During that season I kept saying how I really liked that team and how it was made up for the tournament. A team with talent, plays good defense and can shoot is always set up well for the tournament. That team was good at home and not bad at neutral sites, which in the tournament its like a home game for our team. Even in those road losses they had chances, they just didn't get it done. However the tournament is played at neutral sites, just to many people overreacted to road losses, and didn't look at the makeup of the team and how it was built to do wel in the tournament. Next years team at this point does worries me a little bit, becaue it will be a lot like the 2009-2010 in being athletic but not as good of a shooting team most likely as the last two. Much better chance of a cold shooting game that could hurt in the tournament like with what happened with Wall and them. I said it before I think Jon Hood could have a big impact on how the team does next year, he could be that other shooter with Kyle to help out.

Brandon Knight last four games....

 

28 points, 7 assists

13 points, 7 assists

25 points, 8 assists

21 points, 7 assists

 

I love it! That is why he is someone I always keep saying that I would take over Wall. Knight will end up being a lot like Chancy Billups for his career IMO.

I am also to go off on a limb here and say that Darius Miller will have the 2nd best NBA career out of the UK guys going pro this year. I think Davis will be a stud and the best, but that Miller will end up having the second best out of these guys.

That's a little overboard, but not out of bounds considering they had just lost all 5 starters...

 

I think Sweet 16 is the expectation, at least for me. Anything less is disappointing and anything more is a little bit of gravy. I know they lost their top 6 but a lot of teams near the top of college basketball lost a bunch.

IMO Pratt should be fired as the radio color guy for starting the talk the Lamb and MKG were coming back and getting everyone's hopes up.:D

I am just curious , how did Lamb make a mistake ?

 

Also I would like to CONGRATULATE these young men for a memorable season and wish them the best of Luck .

 

2nd round pick. I would say that is a mistake. He doesn't have NBA speed or size. Great college player could have broke all time scoring record if he stayed for fours years. I wish him well.

2nd round pick. I would say that is a mistake. He doesn't have NBA speed or size. Great college player could have broke all time scoring record if he stayed for fours years. I wish him well.

 

He was not going to develop NBA speed or size over the next two seasons. If he came out now or two years from now he would have been drafted in the second round. He left on as big of a high as possible. Not sure how high of a priority of breaking Dan Issel's record is or what it would mean for his career. I do agree he could have made a run for it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.