Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 5 starters are leaving for the NBA

Featured Replies

Confused as to what you meant here? Are you saying they were not happy?

 

They weren't happy at all. Not because all five players were going pro, but I'm assuming that the analysts were saying that Kentucky was going to struggle next year and things along that nature. The two of them had several tweets, Noel too about it. I will go back and see if I can find them:

 

@NerlensNoel3: Its all Motivation#BBN #Fuel2TheFire

 

@A1Laflare10 (Goodwin): Say you'll be surprised if we get to the Sweet 16? Dude a joke! Settle for nothing but a ship! (Also retweeted by Poythress)

@A1Laflare10 (Goodwin): Them espn critics can say what they please but guess what. They not playing the game. We gone show the world! (Also retweeted by Poythress)

 

@AlextheGreat (Poythress): Time to prove the doubters wrong! #motivation

 

I just really like the fire/edge that these guys are already showing!

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were feeling very disrespected by the ESPN guys. Said they're going for the repeat, and would show all the doubters wrong.

They weren't happy at all. Not because all five players were going pro, but I'm assuming that the analysts were saying that Kentucky was going to struggle next year and things along that nature. The two of them had several tweet, Noel too about it. I will go back and see if I can find them.

 

They were feeling very disrespected by the ESPN guys. Said they're going for the repeat, and would show all the doubters wrong.

 

 

I love that type of confidence.

They were feeling very disrespected by the ESPN guys. Said they're going for the repeat, and would show all the doubters wrong.

 

From what I saw the studio guys were fair in what they said. Going to be tough to stay ontop with everyone gone...

@A1Laflare10: Say you'll be surprised of we get to the Sweet 16? Dude a joke! Settle for nothing but a ship!!"

 

@A1Laflare10: Them espn critics can say what they please but guess what. They not playing the game. We gone show the world!"

 

Both were retweeted by Poythress as well.

From what I saw the studio guys were fair in what they said. Going to be tough to stay ontop with everyone gone...

 

I agree.

 

I do love the attitude that the incoming guys seem to have though.

From what I saw the studio guys were fair in what they said. Going to be tough to stay ontop with everyone gone...

 

I didn't see what the studio guys were saying, but I'm sure that I completely agree with them. The BBN is going to have huge expectations for next year, but people need to realize how special last year's team was. I think the Cats will still be a contender if they can click and gel as a team. Either way, I just love the attitude that our freshmen are showing in April. Hopefully they can build a fire inside them to work their tails off this summer.

 

I will say that most players in their position would probably respond the same way, but I still love it!

From what I saw the studio guys were fair in what they said. Going to be tough to stay ontop with everyone gone...

 

They were really fair. Anytime a team has their 6 top players go to the NBA they are going to struggle no matter who they bring in.

I wonder how many of the 5 made it to class today? You couldn't fault them for not going, but I bet that most of them did. Seem like good kids.

They were really fair. Anytime a team has their 6 top players go to the NBA they are going to struggle no matter who they bring in.

 

:idunno: Cal lost 5 of the top 6 (and 6 of the top 8) from 09-10 to 10-11. I seem to remember 10-11 going pretty well.

^It ended well, but they spent darn near all season learning how to win a road game. Going into the NCAA tournament that team was thought of as a Sweet Sixteen team and they exceeded expectations. I look for next season's team to be much more comparable to 2010-2011 than this year or the 2009-2010 teams.

^It ended well, but they spent darn near all season learning how to win a road game. Going into the NCAA tournament that team was thought of as a Sweet Sixteen team and they exceeded expectations. I look for next season's team to be much more comparable to 2010-2011 than this year or the 2009-2010 teams.

 

True, but when that is the down year....

:idunno: Cal lost 5 of the top 6 (and 6 of the top 8) from 09-10 to 10-11. I seem to remember 10-11 going pretty well.

 

It did go well but they did struggle early.

 

Also, this team won a national championship, that is hard to follow.

^It ended well, but they spent darn near all season learning how to win a road game. Going into the NCAA tournament that team was thought of as a Sweet Sixteen team and they exceeded expectations. I look for next season's team to be much more comparable to 2010-2011 than this year or the 2009-2010 teams.

 

True, but when that is the down year....

 

I think next year's team will find a nice middle ground between the last two years. And when its all said and done, they will be a title contender and at worst a #2 seed IMO.

 

And you are so right mobaar!

I know a couple are playing significant minutes. How about the others that left early the past two years? Are they playing, bench warming or no longer in the NBA?

 

John Wall - Drafted #1 in 2010 --- Avg 16.5 pts, 7.7 asts & 4.5 rbs per game this season for the Wizards. Had 38 points vs the Rockets earlier this season. Top 10 in APG, minutes played, made FT's, FT attempts, assists but is unfortunately #1 in total turnovers this season.

 

Demarcus Cousins - Drafted #5 in 2010 --- Avg 17.6 pts & 11 rbs per game this season with the Kings (#1 in offensive rbs per game this season & scored 38 pts & 41 in a couple different games this season also.)

 

Patrick Patterson - Drafted #14 in 2010 --- Avg 7.5 pts & 4.3 rbs in 22.7 minutes per game this season with the Rockets.

 

Eric Bledsoe - Drafted #18 in 2010 --- Avg 3.3 pts & 1.5 asts coming off the bench with the Clippers this season. He's trying to "get stuff right".

 

Daniel Orton - Drafted #29 in 2010 --- Avg 2.1 pts & 1.8 rbs in an avg of 8.8 minutes with the Magic this season. Had 11 points, 4 rbs, 5 steals & 3 blocks in 29 minutes of action 2 days ago vs the Cavs.

 

Enes Kanter - Drafted #3 in 2011 --- Avg 4.3 pts & 4.2 rbs per game this season in an avg of 13 minutes per game with the Jazz

 

Brandon Knight - Drafted #8 in 2011 --- Avg 12.8 pts & 3.8 asts in a starting role for the Pistons. Had a career high 28 points last night vs the Cavs.

 

Josh Harrellson - Drafted #45 in 2011 --- Avg 4.3 pts & 3.8 rbs this season for the Knicks. Started 3 games this season. Scored a career high 14 pts & added a career high 12 rbs against the Kings on New Years Eve.

 

DeAndre Liggins - Drafted #53 in 2011 --- Avg 1.7 pts this season for the Magic in 5.7 minutes per game.

 

To add to Charlie Wyatt's great post, it looks like Brandon Knight scored a career high with 28 points last night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.