Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite All-time Rock Vocalists

Featured Replies

  • Replies 53
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I like the overall sound of Rush...just not a fan of the vocal stylings of Geddy Lee

Axl?

 

Thanks for killing it for me. I was laying in wait to blast on anyone who would offer this guy's "yowling cats" approach to vocal stylings. Amazing nobody named him sooner, given he was just recently in the news for the HOF snub (a totally undeserved honor, anyway).

Thanks

for killing it for me. I was laying in wait

to blast on anyone who would offer this guy's "yowling cats" approach to vocal stylings. Amazing nobody

named him sooner, given he was just recently in the news for the HOF snub (a totally undeserved honor, anyway).

 

I thought someone would listed him in their favorites.

Who the Heck is Geddy Lee ?

 

I thought that Rush was a conservative demagogue not a band , never heard of them .
:lol: You're not that much older than me, KyTmcNcc! I'm sure you've heard their music before, you just don't recognize the name.

I've always liked him because he's fronted a couple of my favorite bands, but the more and more I think about it the less and less rock vocalists I can name as talented vocally as Maynard James Keenan. He is just unbelievable. So often I will be on my way to work jamming some TooL or APC (A Perfect Circle) and I will just get chill bumps all over my skin, like I can feel my hair raising and everything. Needless to say, I don't think thats too normal. BUT, thats how much power his vocals have when I listen to some of his stuff. In terms of rock music he has the voice of an angel, or maybe a demon I don't know, whatever you would want to call it. Whatever the case it really is mystical and for my money there hasn't been too many do it better vocally for that type of music. I know most probably have never even heard him, his bands, or any of the songs they have played. But if you guys really want to hear good quality music and great vocals listen to Maynard James Keenan and any of his groups.

 

Have been seeing the advertisement for the new Jason Statham movie (Safe?) and that's what really got me thinking about it real hard. The trailer uses the APC song "The Outsider" and it showcases a bit of Keenan's vocal range and ability. For those who have seen the trailer you'll know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't here is a clip I found of APC doing the song a few years ago on a late night show. Really starts to get impressive 2:30 and on.....

 

[video=youtube_share;uXlKkzjkheg]

Thanks for killing it for me. I was laying in wait to blast on anyone who would offer this guy's "yowling cats" approach to vocal stylings. Amazing nobody named him sooner, given he was just recently in the news for the HOF snub (a totally undeserved honor, anyway).
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And for further proof of Keenan's vocal greatness see exhibit B which lies around the 6:55 mark of this video. It is the opening song off the TooL album Lateralus. Very complex song musically from all band members but very tough vocal parts. Don't have to listen to the whole song (I'm sure it would be torture to most) but to listen to one of the most amazing vocal moments in rock music skip to 6:55 and enjoy. And PS prepare yourself to get your face melted.

 

[video=youtube_share;EiR1hmpk-x4]http://youtu.be/EiR1hmpk-x4

Freddie Mercury

Ronnie Van Zant

Tina Turner

Annie Lennox

David Gilmore

Geddy Lee

Robert Plant

Nothing says whether we have to limit our answers to males, so I'm going to include some females too. :D And there didn't seem to be any genre limitations, so thus my list in no particular order:

 

 

John Lennon

Julian Lennon

Freddy Mercury

Mick Jagger

Deborah Harry

Annie Lennox

Neil Diamond

Tina Turner

Rod Stewart

Bruce Springsteen

Michael Stipe (where's my buddy Ram95 when I need back up? :lol:)

Bono

Steve Perry

David Lee Roth

Rick Ocasek

David Byrne

Rick Nielsen

Kid Rock

John Mellencamp

Eric Clapton

Grace Slick

Bob Seger

John Mellencamp

Paul Rodgers

Tom Petty

Stevie Nicks

Steve Miller

Eric Clapton

Ann Wilson

Mick Jagger

Steven Tyler

I'll say this: Bruce Springsteen doesn't have a great voice, but he's a hell of a singer.

I'll say this: Bruce Springsteen doesn't have a great voice, but he's a hell of a singer.

 

Same with Levon Helm.

Maynard James Keenan is my number one. Easily. Incredible range, incredible lull to his vocals and when they're attached to lyrical genius like he writes, it's unreal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.