Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal's comments at presser

Featured Replies

OK. This may be only negative thread about the Championship, but I cant be the only one who feels this way.

 

Cal's non-chalant comments after the game really struck me as ....I dont know, weird (maybe). Not sure how to put it. I felt like he was trying too hard to be the "too cool to let my emotions show". Now, I dont expect him to run around like Jimmy V. But come on, Cal. Enjoy it! All your hard work paid off.

 

"I'm just really happy for the players" "I'm happy that we can put all that other drama stuff behind us"

 

My concern is that if he really does not enjoy the fruits of all his labor and take time to celebrate, he wont last too much longer. He plays it too much as just doing his job. Anybody that coaches should be there for the players, and not themselves. I get that. But to downplay the achievement that much was odd to me.

 

Perhaps, I'm way off base here.

I think it's coachspeak. Behind the scenes, I'm guaranteeing you he's enjoying this so much.

They said that he was dancing in the locker room. The guy gets killed by the media, I am sure that a press conference was the last place that he wanted to be at a time like that

I think Cal was doing the very thing that makes great players want to play for him - he truly wanted all the attention focused on the players. He was staying low key to keep the focus on the players and not on him. When he said repeatedly it is all about them, that was what he meant.

If Cal had acted the way he probably wanted to act he would have gotten hammered. I could read his face and tell he was 1.) truly wanting his players to get the most attention and 2.) telling the truth when he said stuff like, "now I can go coach without all of this drama.".

 

He has said before that he gets more joy out of making first round picks than winnig a championship and I believe him. Sure he was relieved and happy but now that he got that monkey off his back he can sit back and do what he does best. Make pro players. He sounded like a man ready to be at UK for a while. And he sounded tired. :lol:

  • Author
If Cal had acted the way he probably wanted to act he would have gotten hammered. I could read his face and tell he was 1.) truly wanting his players to get the most attention and 2.) telling the truth when he said stuff like, "now I can go coach without all of this drama.".

 

He has said before that he gets more joy out of making first round picks than winnig a championship and I believe him. Sure he was relieved and happy but now that he got that monkey off his back he can sit back and do what he does best. Make pro players. He sounded like a man ready to be at UK for a while. And he sounded tired. :lol:

 

Thats what worries me.

They said that he was dancing in the locker room. The guy gets killed by the media, I am sure that a press conference was the last place that he wanted to be at a time like that

 

 

And that he couldn't dance....lol.gif

Cal actually said he was tired in the press conference, so that was probably part of it as well. I think you will see a lot more joy in Cal over the next couple of days.

Thats what worries me.

 

It's not like he is going to retire. He's not done.

Thats what worries me.

 

He was tired at about 12:30 after the biggest win of his life. The tournament/season is a grind and I am sure every coach is tired at the end. I'm pretty sure Cal goes to bed early normally. He goes to church every morning. I'm guessing he was up well past his bedtime. He tweeted at like 3:30 so he still had some juice left to party.

Cal is already getting fat and lazy with this success. He said he had to go recruiting Friday. Friday???? :D

Cal is already getting fat and lazy with this success. He said he had to go recruiting Friday. Friday???? :D

It's a dead period. You wouldn't want him breaking any rules...:D

Thats what worries me.

 

Do you think there was good reason to be tired? How much time do you think he spent with the coaching staff trying to figure out how to beat Louisville and Kansas.

OK. This may be only negative thread about the Championship, but I cant be the only one who feels this way.

 

Cal's non-chalant comments after the game really struck me as ....I dont know, weird (maybe). Not sure how to put it. I felt like he was trying too hard to be the "too cool to let my emotions show". Now, I dont expect him to run around like Jimmy V. But come on, Cal. Enjoy it! All your hard work paid off.

 

"I'm just really happy for the players" "I'm happy that we can put all that other drama stuff behind us"

 

My concern is that if he really does not enjoy the fruits of all his labor and take time to celebrate, he wont last too much longer. He plays it too much as just doing his job. Anybody that coaches should be there for the players, and not themselves. I get that. But to downplay the achievement that much was odd to me.

 

Perhaps, I'm way off base here.

 

I heard people talking about Saban that way after Alabama won.

  • Author

I expect him to be tired. The concern is, will his work ethic lead him to get burned out. We all know the pressure to win here in BBN is greater than anywhere in country. I feel that if he doesnt take time to enjoy his success, he will wont be able to last.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.