April 3, 201214 yr I expect him to be tired. The concern is, will his work ethic lead him to get burned out. We all know the pressure to win here in BBN is greater than anywhere in country. I feel that if he doesnt take time to enjoy his success, he will wont be able to last. After the first title in 14 years I think he has earned a few pressure free years. I'm sure it feels like a HUGE weight is lifted off his shoulders.
April 3, 201214 yr I expect him to be tired. The concern is, will his work ethic lead him to get burned out. We all know the pressure to win here in BBN is greater than anywhere in country. I feel that if he doesnt take time to enjoy his success, he will wont be able to last. He relieved that pressure last night. He'll be the King of Ky until he decides he doesn't want to be the King anymore. He has been to the Elite 8 in 6 of the last 7 years. He's going to keep pulling in #1 classes. If he can't wake up every day and enjoy everything the state of Ky is offering him then he has deep rooted issues that can't be fixed. There aren't many, if any, coaches at any level of any sport who have it better than Calipari does at UK.
April 3, 201214 yr Author He said it himself. BBN is not happy unless we win everygame by 20+. Bringing in talent like he does, he will continue to win. But the expectations make the job a grind.
April 3, 201214 yr He said it himself. BBN is not happy unless we win everygame by 20+. Bringing in talent like he does, he will continue to win. But the expectations make the job a grind. It's definitely a grind. Maybe he should stay off of CatsPause and come on BGP. Not much pressure here. BBN would be good to him here.
April 3, 201214 yr I know many people, all successful (some extremely successful) and all happy, who find the journey much more fun then destination. When they reach a goal, they don't stop and celebrate, because attaining the goal WAS the celebration and they instantly move on to another challenge, because THAT is what THEY need to be happy, another journey to another goal. The only time they want to relax and reflect is when they fail. I take Cal to be one of those people.
April 3, 201214 yr ^ Dead on. I just saw Cal on Sportscenter and he stated that he wants to coach an undefeated season. He's never done that before and that is his next challenge/goal. An undefeated season. 40 wins. His words.
April 3, 201214 yr ^ Dead on. I just saw Cal on Sportscenter and he stated that he wants to coach an undefeated season. He's never done that before and that is his next challenge/goal. An undefeated season. 40 wins. His words. He said that late in an interview last night and I absolutely loved it. Made me know that he isn't going anywhere. I have a ton of respect for Coach Cal. Whenever asked the, "dinner with three people question" he is the first person that I say. He is not just a coach, he is a leader of young men. I don't believe its fluff at all when he talks about wanting to help his players reach his dreams and that is his main goal in coaching. I love it. Anyone else catch him throw out "Servant Leadership" in the press conference last night? For anyone who knows and understands this concept, he is dead on and I bet a big believer in it. I'm extremely thankfully to have this man leading our team!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.