9th Region 2012-2013

Holmes will have some of the best guards in the region with Palmer, Coston, and Bolden but their front court and depth has a lot of questions to be answered.

I'm confident Jr to be Jamanti Wilson will be a very good one for the Dogs and give them good mins at guard.

Englemon is the key for Holmes. He played very well at the end of the year when Knox was kicked off the team. If his mental game catches up to his physical game, he could be a problem for opposing teams. They simply need him to rebound and defend though.

6'5 Jr to be Marcus Hill is a very good shot blocker but will need to stay out of foul trouble if Holmes is going to be successful.

Will be interesting to see if guys like Dasean Peterson and Keyontae Herndon are with the team next year.....

I also think Kenny Potter and Jason Covington can give the Dogs decent mins off the bench. Covington is q tough kid with the ball and Potter is a freak athlete. Reminds me a lot of Dontel Rice and Tyler Bray.

Covcath, Cooper, Dixie, and Newcath will be the other teams to round out the top 5 in no particular order.

NCC will be good but I don't think theyre as big of a favorite as some think.

Peterson wouldbe a huge addition ...I thought I heard they had a top 8th grade teamthis past year and I thought I also heard about a 6'5" 8 th grader is their any truth to this walter?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see Dixie in the To 5 but who knows with Hatton. He could avg 30 a game and carry them.

Holmes will lack a true inside presence, the 6'5 soph kid is not physically imposing enough. They will have to rely on their 3 guards and great coaching.

CovCath has a nice nucleus coming back with Pauly/Tobler/Ruthsatz/Frederick/Heppler I expect them to be in the Top 5.

Cooper will be a very good team and if they end up getting the transfer I am hearing about I would expect them to be in the Top 5 possibly.

Peterson wouldbe a huge addition ...I thought I heard they had a top 8th grade teamthis past year and I thought I also heard about a 6'5" 8 th grader is their any truth to this walter?

8th grade team won the state title, I believe, so I'd assume they have some talent coming up...now which of those kids actually make it to the varsity level is left to be seen....

The freshman they brought up at the end of the year looks like he is going to be a strong inside guy - Niehaus?

Niehaus is in the 6'2-6'3" range and more suited for the #4. He prefers to face the basket offensively and has a nice mid-range jump shot. Milligan 6'4" (240#) is likely to be at the #5 if he ends up playing his senior year and would be a true post player. Other than those 2, the next in line for bigs would be someone off the frosh team this past year.

Niehaus is in the 6'2-6'3" range and more suited for the #4. He prefers to face the basket offensively and has a nice mid-range jump shot. Milligan 6'4" (240#) is likely to be at the #5 if he ends up playing his senior year and would be a true post player. Other than those 2, the next in line for bigs would be someone off the frosh team this past year.

Isnt Milligan a big time football prospect?

Why doesnt Niehaus play football? I could see him as a nice TE.

Holmes will have some of the best guards in the region with Palmer, Coston, and Bolden but their front court and depth has a lot of questions to be answered.

I'm confident Jr to be Jamanti Wilson will be a very good one for the Dogs and give them good mins at guard.

Englemon is the key for Holmes. He played very well at the end of the year when Knox was kicked off the team. If his mental game catches up to his physical game, he could be a problem for opposing teams. They simply need him to rebound and defend though.

6'5 Jr to be Marcus Hill is a very good shot blocker but will need to stay out of foul trouble if Holmes is going to be successful.

Will be interesting to see if guys like Dasean Peterson and Keyontae Herndon are with the team next year.....

I also think Kenny Potter and Jason Covington can give the Dogs decent mins off the bench. Covington is q tough kid with the ball and Potter is a freak athlete. Reminds me a lot of Dontel Rice and Tyler Bray.

Covcath, Cooper, Dixie, and Newcath will be the other teams to round out the top 5 in no particular order.

NCC will be good but I don't think theyre as big of a favorite as some think.

Have heard from very reliable sources Potter and Covington will be enrolling in Latonia once the school year ends.

Isnt Milligan a big time football prospect?

Why doesnt Niehaus play football? I could see him as a nice TE.

Football is definitely Milligan's sport but he could be an important piece of the puzzle on the hardwood if he chooses to play.

I've heard Niehaus has kicked around the idea of football, but he's already doing baseball along with hoops...guess he has

to decide if he wants to do all 3.