We need classified basketball...

It is down to the final four for the boys and we have (3) 6A schools and (1) 5A school. Surprise surprise! And to make matters worse, the two 6A schools left also played for the 6A football title this past year.

We need classified basketball...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: Good luck with that!!!! Never ever gonna happen, gotta milk that casch cow."The Show" would never be the same.

The large school tourney would not suffer, but the small would and that wouldnt be fair. How to find a perfect balance can be achieved, but not perfectly. I say make the All "A" Touney a true KHSAA state reconized championship and let the large schools battle it out for thier title.

In my best Oz voice "nevermind the man behind the curtain". He's a football guy.

Cashcow? Sure

Occasionally dull? Sure

2 best teams play for all the marbles? Never seems to happen.

Want to make a change? Have a state champ at large and then a 7th region tourney. Lol

What we are seeing with this Trinity team is extraordinary. There is no point in changing things up because that team is that good.
While i agree with that to an extent, and Trinity has been #1 wire to wire, they shoot it poorly and Scott Co shoots it well and they could very well see Billy Hicks cutting down the nets and Daryl Hicks watching.

I was gonna stick a little after curfew female joke in there, but that would be too easy.

While i agree with that to an extent, and Trinity has been #1 wire to wire, they shoot it poorly and Scott Co shoots it well and they could very well see Billy Hicks cutting down the nets and Daryl Hicks watching.

I was gonna stick a little after curfew female joke in there, but that would be too easy.

I don't disagree. That's why I say if it happens I'll be there to see it. Trinity is just so deep. I mean...wow. What a team.

No doubt. But I was comparing the classified football to classifying basketball. Its not as cut and dried as football. And like someone posted earlier, small schools have been major players recently. Shelby Valley, Elliott Co and others. It's hard not to root for the underdog.