March 12, 201214 yr I agree because of their defense and length. On the other hand they have been pretty average outside of playing Duke and UNC. It was FSU or Baylor given the 3 seed line, and I'll gladly take FSU if UC can get past a talented Texas squad... Totally agree on FSU. I think UC can get physical with them. I really like their chances if they can advance to the second week. Agreed I have UC advancing to the Sweet 16, where they lose the Ohio State Championship game to the Buckeyes.
March 12, 201214 yr Lunardi missed 2. Palm missed 4.Which is short for saying Lunardi missed about 2 out of 5 and Palm missed 4 out of 5. When it comes down to it, we are talking about 5 teams each year that are on the cusp of making it or not making it.
March 12, 201214 yr Which is short for saying Lunardi missed about 2 out of 5 and Palm missed 4 out of 5. When it comes down to it, we are talking about 5 teams each year that are on the cusp of making it or not making it. Correct. I'd be more interested see how accurate they were in seeding.
March 12, 201214 yr USF reaction. It's been 20 years. I'm happy for the program. Tampa Bay Times Link
March 12, 201214 yr Correct. I'd be more interested see how accurate they were in seeding. Larrybrownsports.com has an article about it but I can't look at it from work.
March 12, 201214 yr I did some (not so) quick math, and here's what I came up with based on Joe's 3/11 bracket (so like 15 minutes before the real one). Seed: 50% correct Pod (opening game locations): 41.2% correct Region: 29.4% correct Teams with 3/3 correct: 7 (10.3%) Teams with 2/3 correct: 23 (33.8%) Teams with 1/3 correct: 15 (22.1%) Teams with 0/3 correct: 23 (33.8%) Opening (1st/2nd) round match ups correct: 4/36 (11.1%)
March 12, 201214 yr I Love UK's draw. I much rather play Duke than Kansas, Ohio State, or Missouri. For as of UConn bring them on, the way I see it is if we can't beat UConn than we do not deserve to be Champions. IMO North Carolina, Ohio State and Syracuse are the teams I want to avoid the most. All 3 are on the other side of the bracket.
March 12, 201214 yr IMO North Carolina, Ohio State and Syracuse are the teams I want to avoid the most. All 3 are on the other side of the bracket. Throw Kansas in there with them and I agree!
March 13, 201214 yr Lunardi missed 2. Palm missed 4. Do you mean teams? Because Palm missed two...he selected Northwestern and Seton Hall and actual teams in were Iona and NC State. He also predicted 59 out of 68 teams within one seed of actual as compared to last year when he got 55 of 68. This year he got at least three game pairings exactly right: Indiana vs New Mexico St, Syracuse vs UNC-Asheville and Wichita State vs Va. Commonwealth
March 13, 201214 yr Do you mean teams? Because Palm missed two...he selected Northwestern and Seton Hall and actual teams in were Iona and NC State. He also predicted 59 out of 68 teams within one seed of actual as compared to last year when he got 55 of 68. This year he got at least three game pairings exactly right: Indiana vs New Mexico St, Syracuse vs UNC-Asheville and Wichita State vs Va. Commonwealth I think Clyde's numbers double count a bit. 1 spot = 2 missed (1 wrong in, 1 wrong out). I believe the only team Lunardi missed having in was Iona. Lunardi also got the following games correct: Syracuse vs UNC-Asheville (completely correct) WKU vs Miss Valley St (going to the wrong region) UK vs the winner of that game (again in the wrong region) UConn vs Iowa State (still the wrong region, and he had the 8/9 seeds flipped) Basically I think it shows you can predict the in/out pretty easily, and the seeds approximately, but nothing beyond that.
March 13, 201214 yr Basically I think it shows you can predict the in/out pretty easily, and the seeds approximately, but nothing beyond that. I was arguing with a friend about this. He was amazed by Lunardi and how accurate he is with picking the teams. I tried to make a $20 bet that I could list all but two teams that make the tournament. He wouldn't take me bet, but I don't think its too terribly hard to pick the teams that make it in, especially with all the information that is out there. *Especially when I would have used Lunardi's latest braketology to help me win the bet lol.
March 13, 201214 yr I think Clyde's numbers double count a bit. 1 spot = 2 missed (1 wrong in, 1 wrong out). I believe the only team Lunardi missed having in was Iona. Lunardi also got the following games correct: Syracuse vs UNC-Asheville (completely correct) WKU vs Miss Valley St (going to the wrong region) UK vs the winner of that game (again in the wrong region) UConn vs Iowa State (still the wrong region, and he had the 8/9 seeds flipped) Basically I think it shows you can predict the in/out pretty easily, and the seeds approximately, but nothing beyond that. No one and I mean no one can predict a perfect bracket/seedings/sites, etc., but I think over the course of the number of years he has been doing it, Jerry Palm is the best by far. I have been a subscriber to his collegerpi.com and collegebcs.com websites for years and if you look at his record there is none better.
March 13, 201214 yr I was arguing with a friend about this. He was amazed by Lunardi and how accurate he is with picking the teams. I tried to make a $20 bet that I could list all but two teams that make the tournament. He wouldn't take me bet, but I don't think its too terribly hard to pick the teams that make it in, especially with all the information that is out there. *Especially when I would have used Lunardi's latest braketology to help me win the bet lol. haha.. yeah. The in/out is pretty easy. After the tournaments are done, you've probably only got 2-4 spots that are even up for debate.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.