Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 71 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

That wake up thing is overused.

 

So if they win it all the Vanderbilt game served as the wake up call, and if they lose in the tournament it served as the blueprint to beat the Cats??? (Silly)

 

So much for Blue Orleans.

 

Anything like that is always a revisionist history. The '96 title game loss has been pointed to often as an event that refocused Kentucky. There's times like when St. Joseph's lost in 04 in their conference tourney to break the undefeated season that that was supposed to be a good thing, and they still didn't make the Final Four.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we get out rebounded and shot 35% we will lose.

 

You told me the what. You didn't tell me the why.

By the way if #20 isn't hitting shots he doesn't help UK on the floor.

That wake up thing is overused.

 

So if they win it all the Vanderbilt game served as the wake up call, and if they lose in the tournament it served as the blueprint to beat the Cats??? (Silly)

 

So much for Blue Orleans.

 

Sign him up! He's ready to be an analyst on ESPN. :thumb:

You told me the what. You didn't tell me the why.

 

They didn't box out and took to many jumpers. 28 3's is WAY to many.

By the way if #20 isn't hitting shots he doesn't help UK on the floor.

 

2-11 and 1-7 from 3. He doesn't play good enough defense to have an offensive performance like that.

Anything like that is always a revisionist history. The '96 title game loss has been pointed to often as an event that refocused Kentucky. There's times like when St. Joseph's lost in 04 in their conference tourney to break the undefeated season that that was supposed to be a good thing, and they still didn't make the Final Four.

 

Not that I disagree with your point, but you are comparing the 96 Kentucky squad (considered one of the best in college basketball history) to St. Joe's. :D

Not that I disagree with your point, but you are comparing the 96 Kentucky squad (considered one of the best in college basketball history) to St. Joe's. :D

 

I couldn't think of any other one off the top of my head, but point taken. :lol:

Teague back to invisible again today!!

 

 

UK's guards back to invisible.

I feel as though I jinxed this team. I told my girlfriend Thursday while watching another highly ranked team play that UK's offense wouldn't go cold for such long perdiods of time like the team we were watching at that time. They then proceeded to do it several times over the weekend including the 8 minutes without a field goal to close out todays game. I just don't understand what has changed? Is it just that UK can't shoot the ball in New Orleans? What's the deal, why aren't they attacking the basket like they have all season long? I know that Vandy was sagging their defense all day long but UK's offense and spacing just didn't look right all day.

 

I think you, Roman Empire and UKMF put the jinx on UK when you guys were so over-confident in the Coach Cal to the Nets thread. Didn't you say this when I asked if UK winning the SEC Tourney was a foregone conclusion:

 

Yes it is, I made my bold prediction a week ago. UK no one close, may be close games but not close score. I'm thinking UK in the national tital by 11 unless they play UNC, then UK by 8.

The loss at Indiana sure didn't hurt The Cats,I don't think this one will either!

Now it's up to ESPN to keep reminding everyone that Vandy beat UK...:deadhorse:

  • Author

Looks like Wiltjer had a good game. 8 pts in 11 minutes, 3/4 shooting (including 2/3 3-pointers), 3 blocks.

 

Solid performance.

Calipari bemoaned Lamb and Miller missing 3s today and not one mention of Teague.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.