Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 71 Kentucky 64

Featured Replies

UK lost. It could have been worse.

 

Whatever floats your boat.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever floats your boat.

 

Simple comment. Not sure why it got you riled up.

Good win for Vandy,good loss for UK.This loss is the shot in the arm the cats needed going into the big dance.

I think these guys will respond and make a big run to bring home #8.

Did the Cats lose one regular season game, go 16-0 during the SEC regular season , lose in the SEC tournament Championship game, and then win the NCAA touranament in 1951?

 

Basically all those things happened. I don't know if it was 16-0 back then, but they lost one regular season game, won every SEC game, lost to Vandy in the SEC title game, then won the tourney.

One of the few times all season we've seen Davis get handled inside . The big boy got position wherever he wanted it.

 

Fortunately, there aren't a lot of big physical teams like that in the tourney.

Simple comment. Not sure why it got you riled up.

 

It didn't. I simply pointed out that Vandy shot a better percentage from FT than Kentucky did. Hence, I don't understand why that makes UK "lucky" that Vandy didn't hit more of their free throws. It could have been worse, it could have been better. It'd be like saying that UK was lucky Vandy didn't hit more of their three pointers. I guess we just look at it differently.

It didn't. I simply pointed out that Vandy shot a better percentage from FT than Kentucky did. Hence, I don't understand why that makes UK "lucky" that Vandy didn't hit more of their free throws. It could have been worse, it could have been better. It'd be like saying that UK was lucky Vandy didn't hit more of their three pointers. I guess we just look at it differently.

 

Do I have to go stat-by-stat team-by-team to make my simple point acceptable? Vandy missed a lot of FTs.

 

If it makes you feel better I'll throw this out: VU is lucky UK sucked from 3. Better?

Did the Cats lose one regular season game, go 16-0 during the SEC regular season , lose in the SEC tournament Championship game, and then win the NCAA touranament in 1951?
No, they lost 1 regular season game, went 14-0 in the SEC regular season, lost the SEC tournament championship to Vandy and won the NCAA tournament.

Not that big of a deal. This should wake them up if anything. Congrats to Vandy first time in a long long time.

Do I have to go stat-by-stat team-by-team to make my simple point acceptable? Vandy missed a lot of FTs.

 

If it makes you feel better I'll throw this out: VU is lucky UK sucked from 3. Better?

 

I'd say neither of us expected the other to stick with it the way we have. You win, OK?

That wake up thing is overused.

 

So if they win it all the Vanderbilt game served as the wake up call, and if they lose in the tournament it served as the blueprint to beat the Cats??? (Silly)

 

So much for Blue Orleans.

Not that big of a deal. This should wake them up if anything. Congrats to Vandy first time in a long long time.

 

Not that the game was not important to UK, but that victory meant 10 times more to Vandy. For a school that hangs banners for NCAA appearances, that was a huge day for Stallings and company.

I feel as though I jinxed this team. I told my girlfriend Thursday while watching another highly ranked team play that UK's offense wouldn't go cold for such long perdiods of time like the team we were watching at that time. They then proceeded to do it several times over the weekend including the 8 minutes without a field goal to close out todays game. I just don't understand what has changed? Is it just that UK can't shoot the ball in New Orleans? What's the deal, why aren't they attacking the basket like they have all season long? I know that Vandy was sagging their defense all day long but UK's offense and spacing just didn't look right all day.

What did we learn?

What did we learn?

 

If we get out rebounded and shot 35% we will lose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.