What bow do you shoot?

woodsrider

Thinking of getting a new bow this year. I almost pulled the trigger last year but couldn’t decide between the Mathews Triax and Bowtech Realm so ended up not getting anything. If the Triax was slightly longer I would have probably gotten one. The really short axle to axle scared me a bit.

Well this his year the Vertix appears to be just that, a slightly longer Triax. Going to shoot one today and see how it feels. The other option will be the Bowtech SR6.

I’m currently shooting a Bowtech Tribute that I bought in 2006. I have really enjoyed it but just itching for a new one.

Well, shot the Vertix and was disappointed. It was a 70lb bow and the first 1/3rd felt like 80. Very harsh draw cycle till about 1/2 way. Shot a 70lb Bowtech SS right after and it felt like my 60lb Tribute. I was hoping the Vertix would be similar to the Triax but unfortunately it was not

I have a Bear Cruzer that I like a lot. It’s in the cheap end, but it’s the only compound bow I’ve ever really shot. I find it to be pretty comfortable to draw and shoot.

I also have a PSE 50 pound recurve, and a Cabela’s Warden 40 pound recurve. The 40 pound recurve is far and away my favorite bow to shoot at the range.