Simon Kenton 74 Cooper 63

A lot of the foul discrepancy can be contributed to SK going inside to Stamper and Cooper having no answer. Cooper never went into the post if my memory serves me correctly. SK was definitely the aggressor from the opening tip.

Agree! Stamper throwing bows to the neck from tip off. Mitchell was matched up with Stamper in first couple minutes and tangled up immediately. Probably the only Jags player to give her the taste of her own medicine. Coach L removed Mitchell from from Stamper in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Stamper was WIDE open over and over while Jags defenders layed on the floor on defense after elbows to the head.

How many times could can players be laying on the floor and 3 officials don't notice...like the JV game last season with this match up.

Cooper could have won this game with limited Roster talent compared to Pioneers. SK should be embarrassed...

Parents should be embarrassed...

8th region official assigner embarrassed...

SOAS excited to get their Friday night 11u official back.

Agree! Stamper throwing bows to the neck from tip off. Mitchell was matched up with Stamper in first couple minutes and tangled up immediately. Probably the only Jags player to give her the taste of her own medicine. Coach L removed Mitchell from from Stamper in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Stamper was WIDE open over and over while Jags defenders layed on the floor on defense after elbows to the head.

How many times could can players be laying on the floor and 3 officials don't notice...like the JV game last season with this match up.

Cooper could have won this game with limited Roster talent compared to Pioneers. SK should be embarrassed...

No offense but it wouldn’t take much to knock Mitchell to the ground. Mitchell while a nice player has no business hanging down low with a girl as strong and physical as Stamper. I will say either Cooper has the toughest girls in the state or Stamper was wearing invisible elbow pads. I’d think if girls were taking bows to the head from a girl as strong as Stamper that they’d either be crying, bleeding or both. From what I can recall none of the Cooper girls showed any such signs. All the crying was coming from the fans on the Cooper sidelines. I guess when your offense is to let Held (who imo is the best player in the state) jack up 20+ shots a game your not going to draw many fouls. Onto the next topic.

This was my first time seeing the SK girls this season after seeing them a lot the last few years. My impressions are that Harmeyer has one of the prettiest jump shots I have ever seen.

Stamper is a bruiser that understands how to get position down low and how to use the different angles of the backboard to finish. It will be fun to follow her for two more years.

Jones is just a ballplayer, at her size she’s always finding new ways to surprise me. It will also be fun to follow her for two more years.

Niece isn’t close to 100% but it’s more of a mental thing, she’s still a calming influence on the court and makes the right basketball play everytime she gets the ball. The game comes so easy to her.

And lastly Buckner, after seeing her as a sophomore and junior I loved her athleticism and potential. During the Cooper game she looked like a shell of her former self, I was really expecting more. She seemed uninterested. I was excited to watch her play now that Meier has moved onto college, I thought she’d be filling the stat sheet. Maybe not so much with points but definitely with rebounds, blocked shots and steals. If she can play like I’ve seen her in the past this SK team now that they have everyone healthy could make a strong postseason run. 4 of their 5 starters are really strong, it would be nice to see Buckner get going and make that 5 out of 5.

Niece isn’t close to 100% but it’s more of a mental thing, she’s still a calming influence on the court and makes the right basketball play everytime she gets the ball. The game comes so easy to her.

And lastly Buckner, after seeing her as a sophomore and junior I loved her athleticism and potential. During the Cooper game she looked like a shell of her former self, I was really expecting more. She seemed uninterested. I was excited to watch her play now that Meier has moved onto college, I thought she’d be filling the stat sheet. Maybe not so much with points but definitely with rebounds, blocked shots and steals. If she can play like I’ve seen her in the past this SK team now that they have everyone healthy could make a strong postseason run. 4 of their 5 starters are really strong, it would be nice to see Buckner get going and make that 5 out of 5.

I've seen Niece since she came back and to me she isn't physically ready, even though I'm sure there is a mental component. If I was Stowers I would save her from herself and use her sparingly. I'm sure NKU's staff would appreciate it as well.

Buckner is a shell of herself because she bascially went through the same thing as Niece last year. It takes time to come back from a major knee injury. Unfortunately some kids are never the same.

True story!

I wasn't at the game but curious as to the bold part. Please elaborate more.