Miocic v Ngannou

This is a very interesting matchup because Ngannou is sooooo powerful and Miocic is such a skilled striker.

Miocic really can't afford to make a mistake in the striking game, like he did against Overeem because Ngannou will finish him if given the slightest chance.

Miocic should take him down soon after the opening bell and submit him or pound him.

I will pick Miocic to win but only because he is a better overall MMA artist and he's from NE Ohio. I'm partial.

Don't blink tonight, because it could be over in an instant.

Miocic wins with a blue collar performance. He reflects his city. Dana White had built Ngannou up as this beast who could not be beat. Credit Ngannou for giving White plenty to work with in some amazing knockout victories. But Miocic came out and out-boxed Ngannou and then took him down and made him work.

In the end, the more complete fighter won the match. Ngannou said he went too hard in the first round and Miocic was tougher than he thought he would be. Ngannou spoke like he had a smashed nose. Ngannou said next time he will go slower in the first two rounds and pace himself.

His expectation was that Stipe would go down when he hit him. It didn't happen and Ngannou wore down.

I'd like to know the back-story with Dana White. I think he lost Miocic with this promotion. He was throwing himself behind Ngannou and in some ways disrespecting Miocic. Miocic took the belt from White and gave it to his coach to put around his waist. Miocic explained that he did that because "that guy respects me."

This was a good win for Miocic.